Woman accused of using cruise line job for burglaries

Old June 12th, 2010, 03:15 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

Default Woman accused of using cruise line job for burglaries

Woman accused of using cruise line job for burglaries

Miami, Florida (CNN) -- A former Royal Caribbean Cruise Line employee
has been arrested and charged with burglarizing the homes of 24
vacationers who were spending time at sea snip

Here's the link. If it wraps, you may have to copy/paste it into your
browser header.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/TRAVEL/06/11...Top+Stories%29
Old June 12th, 2010, 05:54 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

Tom K wrote:
Woman accused of using cruise line job for burglaries

Miami, Florida (CNN) -- A former Royal Caribbean Cruise Line employee
has been arrested and charged with burglarizing the homes of 24
vacationers who were spending time at sea snip

Here's the link. If it wraps, you may have to copy/paste it into your
browser header.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/TRAVEL/06/11...Top+Stories%29

That is bad. And not telling people you are going on a cruise would not
make a difference as this person had inside information.

--
Charles
Old June 12th, 2010, 06:11 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle[_3_]

"Charles" wrote in message
Tom K wrote:
Woman accused of using cruise line job for burglaries

Miami, Florida (CNN) -- A former Royal Caribbean Cruise Line employee
has been arrested and charged with burglarizing the homes of 24
vacationers who were spending time at sea snip

Here's the link. If it wraps, you may have to copy/paste it into your
browser header.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/TRAVEL/06/11...Top+Stories%29

That is bad. And not telling people you are going on a cruise would not
make a difference as this person had inside information.

--
Charles

That is why when we cruise or travel, we have set a good security alarm
system backed by battery and there is always some one staying at our house.
It is a shame that there or so many people with no scruples or conscience.
One has to always stay one step ahead and be alert to all sorts of scams.

--Jean

Old June 12th, 2010, 09:57 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Goomba

Tom K wrote:

Here's the link. If it wraps, you may have to copy/paste it into your
browser header.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/TRAVEL/06/11...Top+Stories%29

Creepy! She booked my last cruise to Panama too.
I've sometimes wondered if cutting service off to newspapers, mail, etc
might open one up to risk from unscrupulous employees. We pre-arrange
for a policeman to visit our home twice a day while we're away. On one
occasion when we forgot to hold service they brought the newspapers to
the back and left them on the deck.
Old June 12th, 2010, 10:26 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ron Chapman

In article ,
Goomba wrote:

We pre-arrange
for a policeman to visit our home

huh. I just arrange for a policeman to visit my home when I'm gone.

What does pre-arranging do for you that simply arranging doesn't get?
Old June 12th, 2010, 10:45 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Gadget World

With all the info she took, she didn't hae to go to the house at all,
she could have robed more by stealing the identity and using the credit
card number and expiration date along with address etc.

DON'T PUT YOUR ADDRESS ON YOUR LUGGAGE TAGS. I've seen the porters
writing down names and address's of local people at airports and cruise
ports.

Having your house visited by a cop or the Pope won't stop roberies,
Alarms may scare the robbers away, but too late.

Inspector Gadget

Old June 13th, 2010, 12:11 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Harry Cooper

"Jean O'Boyle" wrote in message

"Charles" wrote in message
Tom K wrote:
[...]

And Jean, while many things are irreplaceable, we should all insure to value
and keep an inventory, perhaps a video inventory, at a different location.
It's an insult to be victim of theft, even more so to be under-insured. If
the premium is a problem a high deductable will help.

Harry Cooper

Old June 13th, 2010, 01:43 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ermalee McCauley[_2_]

Jean O'Boyle wrote:
"Charles" wrote in message
Tom K wrote:
[...]

Another way to avoid the problem is to never have anything worth stealing.

Ermalee

Old Brooklyn woman will be left at the dock after criticizing cruise line Charles[_1_] Cruises 0 May 25th, 2008 06:58 PM
Midshipmen Accused of Misconduct on Cruise Ermalee[_2_] Cruises 4 March 29th, 2007 11:57 PM
Woman Vanishes on Cruise John Sisker Cruises 10 September 21st, 2006 04:15 PM
Woman Rescued From Cruise! Ray Goldenberg Cruises 28 October 29th, 2003 04:04 PM