THE FUTURE OF KAUAI

Old September 21st, 2003, 11:11 PM
Dr. Jai Maharaj

Default THE FUTURE OF KAUAI

In article ,
"Mary K Farrell" posted:

"square1" wrote in message
ink.net...

lavarock1 wrote in message ...
You said "I was born here and never left." Perhaps that is why you don't
know that although you may have been used to doing things before, you
cannot now and you are not the only one suffering. In fact, I daresay
that you have it better than many. That does not make your argument any
less valid, but realize that other states are in the same boat as you,
many worse. Right or wrong.

Fishing in most states, without a license, is illegal.

(quote)
Who needs a fishing license? Anyone age 16 and older must have a
current Georgia fishing license in their possession while fishing in
freshwater or sal****er in Georgia. Conservation Rangers may require
identification when checking fishing licenses.
(end quote)

Most mainland beachfront property is private. In fact, I know that many
East Coast beaches are private and you must PAY to swim at them.

(quote)
Point Pleasant Beach, NJ: $2.50-$6 depending on which beach & day of
week; reduced prices for children; parking extra
(end quote) (note that is up to $6 A DAY to use a beach)

Most parks here near me exclude pets of ANY kind. This is because people
like me wish to enjoy the park or beach without stepping in stuff. In my
area, unlike many places in hawaii, all animals MUST be kept on a leash
and not allowed to run loose. This seems NOT to be the case in Hawaii.

(quote)
Our officers are authorized to issues citations for violations of animal
related regulations including:

Leash Law - All dogs must be restrained by means of a fence, wall or
other enclosure or restrained by leash.

Special Permit - Persons with four or more dogs over the age of four
months must apply for a special permit.
(end quote)

(quote)
5) Animals. The owning, possessing or harboring of any animal which
frequently or continuously howls, barks, meows, squawks or makes other
sounds which create excessive noise across a residential or commercial
real property line or within a noise-sensitive area. For the purpose of
this article, barking dogs shall include a dog that barks, bays, cries,
howls or makes any other noise continuously for a period of ten minutes,
or barks intermittently for one-half hour or more to the disturbance at
any time of day or night regardless of whether the dog is physically
situated in or upon private property.
(end quote)

In Georgia, you can be arrested if caught with many fireworks (although
many people shoot them off anyway).

(quote)
IV. STATES THAT BAN ALL CONSUMER FIREWORKS (including those which are
allowed by CPSC regulations) - (total of 7 states):

Arizona
Delaware
Georgia
New Jersey New York
Massachusetts
Rhode Island
(end quote)

Do I agree with these laws? Doesn't matter. They are laws and must be
obeyed. Do I think most should be changed? Yes.

Will I try to change the laws in Georgia? NO! I am moving out of the
state to somewhere the laws may be a bit more lax. Hawaii.

Why say this? In Kennesaw, near my house, they passed a law that says
you MUST own a gun. Not that you have to have one, but that was the law.
We can't buy liquor on Sunday because religous people don't want us to.
It's the LAW that we can't.

(quote)
* Kennesaw, GA. In 1982, this suburb of Atlanta passed a law requiring
heads of households to keep at least one firearm in the house. The
residential burglary rate subsequently dropped 89% in Kennesaw, compared
to the modest 10.4% drop in Georgia as a whole.

* Ten years later (1991), the residential burglary rate in Kennesaw was
still 72% lower than it had been in 1981, before the law was passed.

(end quote)

In Georgia:

# Members of the state assembly cannot be ticketed for speeding while
the state assembly is in session.

# Donkeys may not be kept in bathtubs.

# Signs are required to be written in English.

# You have the right to commit simple battery if provoked by "fighting"
words.

# No one may carry an ice cream cone in their back pocket if it is

Sunday.

# It is illegal to use profanity in front of a dead body which lies in a
funeral home or in a coroners office.

Acworth
# All citizens must own a rake.

Atlanta
# Against the law to tie a giraffe to a telephone pole or street lamp.

# One man may not be on another man's back.

Columbus
# Can't cut off a chicken's head on Sunday.
# It is illegal to carry a chicken by it's feet down Broadway on Sunday.

Gainesville
# Chicken must be eaten with the hands.

Jonesboro
# It is illegal to say "Oh, Boy"

Kennesaw
# Every head of household must possess a firearm of some kind.

Marietta
# Though it is illegal to spit from a car or bus, citizens may spit from
a truck.

St. Mary's
# No spitting on the sidewalk is permitted after dark.

Quitman
# Cars are not to drive on sidewalks.

# It is illegal for a chicken to cross the road.

And you think YOU have it bad...

Hambone wrote:

If I go fishing in lake wilson without a license I'm a criminal. I

can't
walk to the beach I used to swim at when I was young because the land

is
now
private and the haole owner has dobermans and a bad attitude. I can't

camp
out at the beach unless I get a permit months in advance. I can't play
frisbee with my dog in the park; no pets allowed. My dog can't even

bark
more than x times per hour before he's breaking some law. Heck, I can't

even
pop a firecracker in my own back yard any more.

Talk about cultural assassination.

Off topic!
Talking about rediculous laws.
When I was living in Rancho Mirage, CA (not too far from Palm Springs) I
owned a cat, who wacked a neigbours dog over the head, as the owner and
the
dog took a stroll past my condo.
Normally she is laid back and doesn't bother anyone.
I guess she just disliked the dog, or he may have done something that
provoked her.
Within 15 minutes of the "attack" the local police showed up at my door,
took a report, and demanded, that I put my cat on a leash from then on.
My protests, that one cannot put a cat on a leash, fell on deaf ears.
Needless to say, I moved out of that town as fast as I could, since I was
not ever going to leash my cat.

Actually, you *can* leash a cat! My cat is trained to leash and harness.
And, he actually will heel and walk with me on the leash and harness. But, I
don't blame you for leaving Rancho Mirage! I live in San Diego and just
hated going to Palm Springs or Rancho Mirage when we had condos there!

La Jolla is nice.
My original post of this thread:

Forwarded messages:

[ From: (Ben Sure)
[ Subject: Future of Kauai
[ Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2003 20:50:12 -0000
[
[ Right now they are doing. more development improvements
[ to shopping centers, adding more big stores, this
[ mean more people will come.
[
[ How long will it be it will become populated as Maui
[ and the big island.
[
[ The Islands will soon have.more growth as more land is
[ sold.
[
[ How much longer will Kauai be able to hold out on their
[ restrictions of growth, demand will change this thru
[ changes in government control.
[
[ What and is there for development will soon be taken
[ up. Nothing lasts for ever.
[
[ Nat. Parks have a lot and some of the area on any
[ Island do have Volcanic rocks that you cannot build on.
[
[ I have talked with people who were people from native
[ family they left to find work in the mainland they
[ said you have to be careful of the areas as this rock
[ is not good to build on.
[
[ Utility services must be put in place. water, septic
[ tank power all of these cost money.
[
[ Who knows what Kauai is going to be in the future.
[ New people come into power and things change.
[
[ People never really own any property, they get the
[ property but if they do not keep their taxes paid they
[ can loose it for taxes this is the law all
[ governments.
[
[ We are just renters

[ From: "LanaBanana"
[ Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2003 22:35:08 -0000
[
[
[ Ben,
[ I'm curious why you think such things about Kauai? Have
[ you been living in the islands for a long time? Have
[ you seen the changes? Anyway I agree with some of your
[ points but Im curious how you have developed some of
[ your opinions about the Hawaiian Islands.

End of forwarded messages

Jai Maharaj
http://www.mantra.com/jai
Om Shanti

Panchaang for 8 Bhadrapad 5104, Sunday, August 3, 2003:

Shubhanu Nama Samvatsare Dakshinaya Nartana Ritau
Kark Mase Shukl Pakshe Bhanu Vasara Yuktayam
Chitra Nakshatr Sadhya Yog
Taitil-Gar Karan Shasthi-Saptami Yam Tithau

Hindu Holocaust Museum
http://www.mantra.com/holocaust

Hindu life, principles, spirituality and philosophy
http://www.hindu.org
http://www.hindunet.org

The truth about Islam and Muslims
http://www.flex.com/~jai/satyamevajayate

o Not for commercial use. Solely to be fairly used for the
educational purposes of research and open discussion. The contents of
this post may not have been authored by, and do not necessarily represent
the opinion of the poster. The contents are protected by copyright law
and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.
considered or answered if it does not contain your full legal name,
current e-mail and postal addresses, and live-voice telephone number.
o Posted for information and discussion. Views expressed by others
are not necessarily those of the poster.