Avoid Fox / Payless Rental Car - Trip Report

Old September 29th, 2003, 05:12 PM
Leroy

Default Avoid Fox / Payless Rental Car - Trip Report

Never rent from these guys. This could happen to you.

Went to Los Angeles last week. We reserved a standard car through the
Fox rental car website a couple weeks before arriving. When we got to
the ticket counter they did not have our reservation. We had a
confirmation number and that did not matter. They said no problem.
They will just get us a car anyways, but it is a compact. They had no
more standards (which is practically a full size). We had 3 guys with
luggage and softball bags, so we had a lot of stuff. We told them
this was going to be too uncomfortable and they said nothing they
could do about it. They said come back tomorrow and they would
upgrade us to standard or SUV. We called the next day and they still
didn't have any, so they said they would call us when they get one in.
They never called. We called in the evening and they said they had
lots of big cars and we asked why they didn't call us earlier and they
had no excuse. We decided, "screw it" we will just live with the
piece of crap nissan sentra we had. When we went to return it, they
offered no discount for our inconvenience. They even tried to charge
insurance that we declined. We told them that there should be some
compensation because we did not order a small car. They were the ones
that lost our reservation for a big car. The manager even went so far
as to tell us to take our Shi$$y attitude out of there and never come
back. When she said that we were shocked that a manager would talk to
a customer that way.

Be careful with this company. They may not be worth the cheaper
price. I know we will never rent from Fox or Payless rental car
company again. Period!!!