advice for Barcelona trip

Old November 30th, 2004, 03:54 AM
Chris Dickscheid

Default advice for Barcelona trip

My wife and I are planning a trip to Barcelona in the summer of 2005. Any
advice on what the "must see's" are in that city? Any help would be greatly
appreciated. We will be there for only 3 days.

Old November 30th, 2004, 05:28 AM
Douglas W. Hoyt

My wife and I are planning a trip to Barcelona in the summer of 2005.
Any advice on what the "must see's" are in that city? Any help would
be greatly appreciated. We will be there for only 3 days.

One Barcelona resident told me that his city is absolutely perfect 10 months
of the year.

This made sense: in July or August the "must see" for me would be air
conditioning in the hotel. My "3-star" had a/c in the hallways but only a
ceiling fan in the room, and it was a nightly ritual to try to find some
kind of sleepable position. One guy I met said that cold towels under his
neck on the pillow was how he survived. But I also walked past a young
American standing in front of her hotel one night, protesting loudly and
miserably that there was no way she could possibly stand to go back up in
the tropical swelter that was her hotel room. She was REALLY upset.

Old November 30th, 2004, 06:35 AM
Jens Arne Maennig

Chris Dickscheid wrote:

My wife and I are planning a trip to Barcelona in the summer of 2005.

I'd prefer spring or fall.

Any advice on what the "must see's" are in that city?

Just get yourself a two day ticket for the tourist bus
(http://www.tmb.net/en_US/turistes/bu...usturistic.jsp) for EUR
20 and you will not even be able to miss one of the "must sees".

However, I am not sure if the must sees (in any place of the world) are
always the must sees.

Jens
Old November 30th, 2004, 11:19 AM
Webmaster http://www.discover.it

Chris Dickscheid wrote:
My wife and I are planning a trip to Barcelona in the summer of 2005. Any
advice on what the "must see's" are in that city? Any help would be greatly
appreciated. We will be there for only 3 days.

Park Guel is really THE must see in Barca

Old November 30th, 2004, 11:31 AM
Padraig Breathnach

"Webmaster http://www.discover.it" wrote:

Chris Dickscheid wrote:
My wife and I are planning a trip to Barcelona in the summer of 2005. Any
advice on what the "must see's" are in that city? Any help would be greatly
appreciated. We will be there for only 3 days.

Park Guel is really THE must see in Barca

It's one of many!

Take the open-top bus tours: get an overview; select your own
must-sees. Personally, I liked the Gaudi architecture, but tastes
differ.

--
PB
The return address has been MUNGED
Old November 30th, 2004, 01:20 PM
Iceman

My wife and I are planning a trip to Barcelona in the summer of 2005. Any
advice on what the "must see's" are in that city? Any help would be greatly
appreciated. We will be there for only 3 days.

Sagrada Familia
Las Ramblas
Parc Guell
Montjuic