United standby - how does that work for connecting flights?

Old November 20th, 2003, 10:39 AM
Traveler

Default United standby - how does that work for connecting flights?

On December 25, I have Flight 1465 leaving SEA at 4:40 PM to SFO
and then a change to Flight 785 in SFO to SAN.

If I stand by for an earlier flight, could I get a flight that changed
planes
in LAX (for example)? Or does the flight I stand by for have to have
the same connections as the original flight?

Alternatively, if I stand by for an earlier SEA-SFO flight and get it,
does that mean anything in respect to standing by for
an earlier SFO-SAN flight?

I'm planning to arrive at the airport about 1 PM. I had to leave myself
plenty of time, which is why I did not book an earlier flight. However,
if I can get there earlier I would be happy about that.

My 12-year-old daughter will also be with me, if that affects anything. We
would not mind being seated separately.

Traveler