Looking for Advice on All-Inclusive Destinations

Old January 26th, 2005, 01:41 AM

Default Looking for Advice on All-Inclusive Destinations

I am a newbie to all-inclusive resorts and am looking for some input
and advice. We have two couples that are looking at spending about a
week at an all-inclusive resort for a vacation this year. We are
thinking of either going in April, or in October, and are kicking
around the idea of heading to Mexico. Specifically, we are two couples
in our early 30's that are looking for good party scenes, activities,
and beaches. I have heard that the Riviera Maya is a neat place, and
may be a good fit for us. We would love to find a spot that would
allow some shopping, hiking, snorkeling, wind-surfing, maybe even some
water-skiing or jet skiing, and a great night life. Any ideas and input
anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Slacker
Old January 27th, 2005, 05:04 AM

Thanks David. I have just found out that my wife's vacation schedule
won't allow us to go in April after all, so now we are shooting for
May, hopefully early May. After doing some searching and investigation
we also came to the same conclusion that Cancun would probably be
better for us in order to do some more partying at night. Here is the
real question, there are TONS of all-inclusives in Cancun from what I
have found. So how does a person get some good unbiased ratings on
them? We would like to get the nicest place for $2,000 to $2,500 US
for 7 nights. There are tons in that price range that I have found,
but I haven't come across any good independent rating systems. Are
there any?

Thanks again for your input,

Slacker
Old January 28th, 2005, 02:36 AM
LT

I found these sites helpful when planning my recent Cancun trip. You'll
want to focus on the hotel zone of Cancun. Do plan time to take at least
one trip to one of the very cool Mayan ruins.
LT

http://www.debbiescaribbeanresortrev...mexcancun.html
http://www.cancunallinclusive.com/

-------------------------------------

Old January 29th, 2005, 12:39 AM

Do you recommend any of the ancient ruins in particular? Chichen Itza
looks cool, and we definitely want to see one ruin on a day trip while
we are down there, but we are just wondering which one is the best for
a day trip from Cancun. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Regards,

Slacker
Old January 29th, 2005, 12:39 AM

How easy is it to get from Club Med to downtown if a person wanted to
do that a couple of nights? I don't necessarily think we will want to
do that every night, but it might be fun for a couple of nights.
Regards,

Slacker
Old January 29th, 2005, 04:43 PM
LT

Chichen Itza is very cool, all day trip between the drive and ruins. Tulum
is worth an hour, good to combine with one of the nearby water parks. Heard
Coba is great, ain't been yet.
LT