People watching, Florence, Italy

Old April 2nd, 2010, 07:26 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,alt.travel,soc.culture.italian
Simon Laub

Default People watching, Florence, Italy

Was in Florence, Italy this week.
Lots of people - and it is still the "low season" ...

Did a little people watching. Quite a lot of fun actually.
Also, took some pictures.
Available he
http://www.simonlaub.net/Fortunecity...003/index.html

Enjoy!

FUT: rec.travel.europe

-Simon

Old April 2nd, 2010, 08:21 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
irwell

On Fri, 2 Apr 2010 20:26:43 +0200, Simon Laub wrote:

Was in Florence, Italy this week.
Lots of people - and it is still the "low season" ...

Did a little people watching. Quite a lot of fun actually.
Also, took some pictures.
Available he
http://www.simonlaub.net/Fortunecity...003/index.html

Enjoy!

FUT: rec.travel.europe

-Simon

Nice set of pics, looks cold but enjoyable.
Old April 3rd, 2010, 06:50 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Bartc

.co.uk...
wrote:

Was in Florence, Italy this week.
Lots of people - and it is still the "low season" ...

Did a little people watching. Quite a lot of fun actually.
Also, took some pictures.
Available he
http://www.simonlaub.net/Fortunecity...003/index.html

Enjoy!

Looks great. I'm planning to take a tour for a week in May based on
Florence, Assisi and Rome. I've never been been to Florence before
so I am really looking forward to it.

I don't quite know what temperatures to expect mid May but I hope it
is warmer than when you were there )

I use www.wunderground.com to look at historic temperature records:

http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/16170.html

('History and Almanac' on lower left somewhere.)

In Florence on May 15 last year, it was 23C max, and 24C the year before.
(Of course that's not a guarantee of what it might be this year.)

--
Bartc

Old April 4th, 2010, 02:14 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
tile

Derek McBryde wrote:
On Sat, 3 Apr 2010 17:50:21 -0000, "bartc" wrote:

I use www.wunderground.com to look at historic temperature records:

http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/16170.html

('History and Almanac' on lower left somewhere.)

In Florence on May 15 last year, it was 23C max, and 24C the year
before. (Of course that's not a guarantee of what it might be this
year.)

Looks good. Here's hoping this year will be the same.

I know what you mean by not guaranteed. A couple of years ago I went
to Budapest. The temperature the week before was 40 something.
The week I was there it was 9 - 10C and it rained non stop. One of
the most miserable weeks I have spent for some time. It felt like
winter.

You win some, you lose some.

Derek

Florence is not so far from the sea.. and the River Arno keeps the air warm
enough.
I doubt in May it will be less than 24 / 27 degrees