labor day

Old August 11th, 2005, 12:57 PM
ina

Default labor day

We going on holiday to florida on the 3th of september .So we are there on
labor day.
Is ther something special to do on that day?
I am flying in from the netherlands and we going for the 4th time to
florida.We have never being there on labor day.Can any one tell me if
there
are special celebrations on that day?
ina rozema

--
Mijn Postvak In wordt beschermd door SPAMfighter
Download de gratis www.SPAMfighter.com vandaag nog!

Old August 11th, 2005, 02:12 PM
Shawn Hirn

In article ,
"ina" wrote:

We going on holiday to florida on the 3th of september .So we are there on
labor day. Is ther something special to do on that day?
I am flying in from the netherlands and we going for the 4th time to
florida.We have never being there on labor day.Can any one tell me if
there are special celebrations on that day?

Labor Day is a minor holiday even though government offices and schools
will be closed. The biggest thing you'll see during Labor Day weekend is
lots of sales at various stores. Even so, if you do a google search, you
might find something unique to do.
Old August 11th, 2005, 02:16 PM
Juliana L Holm

Shawn Hirn wrote:
In article ,
"ina" wrote:

We going on holiday to florida on the 3th of september .So we are there on
labor day. Is ther something special to do on that day?
I am flying in from the netherlands and we going for the 4th time to
florida.We have never being there on labor day.Can any one tell me if
there are special celebrations on that day?

Labor Day is a minor holiday even though government offices and schools
will be closed. The biggest thing you'll see during Labor Day weekend is
lots of sales at various stores. Even so, if you do a google search, you
might find something unique to do.

Exactly. It's a day off. Pools will close after that weekend in the Northeast
and elsewhere. Most folks picnic. Union members might feel a twinge of
commemoration deep in their hearts.

Julie

--
Julie
**********
Old August 11th, 2005, 03:04 PM
ina rozema

Thank you for your comment.I think that we go shopping that day.Some
sportsgear are much cheaper there than in our country.Many thanks and
happy labor day.
Many greetings from holland.
ina rozema

--
Sent via Travel Newsgroups
http://www.travelnewsgroups.com
Old August 11th, 2005, 04:51 PM

As others have pointed out, it's mostly just a day off for most people.

Some stores have Labor Day sales,but some stores (mostly smaller ones)
may be closed, and some stores may have special hours, so it's wise to
phone ahead or check their web sites first to check their Labor Day
schedules.

Be aware that traffic can be heavy on major highways that weekend
(Friday through Monday), and airports may be busy, as it's the last
holiday weekend of the summer and many people will be travelling.

Jim

Old August 11th, 2005, 05:50 PM
Sarah Banick

"ina" wrote in message
We going on holiday to florida on the 3th of september .So we are there on
labor day.
Is ther something special to do on that day?
I am flying in from the netherlands and we going for the 4th time to
florida.We have never being there on labor day.Can any one tell me if
there
are special celebrations on that day?
ina rozema

In addition to what the others are telling you, I'll add this: As Labor Day
is considered the "official" end-of-summer, and it is a long weekend, you
may run into heavier traffic around beaches and resorts as people get their
last gasp of summer. But if you make your reservations ahead of time, you
shouldn't have any trouble.

Sarah

Old August 11th, 2005, 07:51 PM
Eric Griswold

"ina" writes:

We going on holiday to florida on the 3th of september .So we are there on
labor day.
Is ther something special to do on that day?

Barbeque some meat.
Old August 11th, 2005, 09:02 PM
Brian K

On 08/11/2005 7:57 AM ina while holding "court", exclaimed:

We going on holiday to florida on the 3th of september .So we are there on
labor day.
Is ther something special to do on that day?
I am flying in from the netherlands and we going for the 4th time to
florida.We have never being there on labor day.Can any one tell me if
there
are special celebrations on that day?
ina rozema

--
Mijn Postvak In wordt beschermd door SPAMfighter
Download de gratis www.SPAMfighter.com vandaag nog!

As others have said, go shopping. Keep in mind that since it is a
holiday, your hotel may charge you more for your room during the
holiday. But since you aren't "In Season" (Nov/Dec through April)
your other days will cost less at your hotel.

If you can comeback again in early December, Ft. Lauderdale and many of
the coastal Florida communities have a Holiday Parade of boats. It's
really something to see. Sailboats, little run abouts, big cabin
cruisers all deck themselves out in holiday lights. They sail down the
inland waterway. In Key West they sail around the island.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera