Labadee

Old December 19th, 2009, 10:52 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jerri

Default Labadee

Hi,

We have cruised RCCL many times but never hit Labadee before. What are your
thoughts? Is the Aqua Park worth it? My kids are 14 and 9 and they love
water.....just wondering what everyone thought.

Old December 19th, 2009, 10:59 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Goomba

Jerri wrote:
Hi,

We have cruised RCCL many times but never hit Labadee before. What are
your thoughts? Is the Aqua Park worth it? My kids are 14 and 9 and
they love water.....just wondering what everyone thought.

We loved our lazy warm day on the beach at Labadee. We got there early,
had an island gentleman get us set up in a primo location for two chaise
for a small tip (at the water's edge yet under a tree for shade later in
the day) and we just enjoyed the sun, the water, the people watching,
and the froo-froo drinks of the day. We also went para-sailing with a
good duo of crew from Australia. I never bothered looking at the vendor
area, so can't comment on that. But it is a stop we'll enjoy again for
a lazy day.
Old January 4th, 2010, 10:47 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dillon Pyron[_2_]

[Default] Thus spake Goomba :

Jerri wrote:
Hi,

We have cruised RCCL many times but never hit Labadee before. What are
your thoughts? Is the Aqua Park worth it? My kids are 14 and 9 and
they love water.....just wondering what everyone thought.

We loved our lazy warm day on the beach at Labadee. We got there early,
had an island gentleman get us set up in a primo location for two chaise
for a small tip (at the water's edge yet under a tree for shade later in
the day) and we just enjoyed the sun, the water, the people watching,
and the froo-froo drinks of the day. We also went para-sailing with a
good duo of crew from Australia. I never bothered looking at the vendor
area, so can't comment on that. But it is a stop we'll enjoy again for
a lazy day.

Pretty much the same. I tipped the gentelman that set us up $5 and
spoke a little French to him. We were never "bothered" but always
"attended to" after that. Nice lazy day, although crap for serious
snorkeling (got yelled at at one point for not wearing safety vests,
shallow water out too far, had to walk a long way to get out of the
people silt). Food was pretty good.

We were there in mid-September and spoke with some of the construction
crew (who also ate with us). One of the guys said the guest houses
(his name) would be ready by mid-October and the pier would be ready
"before that really big ship gets here." We took a casual debarkation
and the tenders were still crowded. The lines to get back on the ship
about 30 minutes before they would start chasing people off were huge.
And there wasn't enough room for profit centers, erh vendors.
--

- dillon I am not invalid

I love my country, It's my government I fear.

Hey, turnabout's fair play.