London to Barcelona by train

Old January 3rd, 2004, 11:00 AM
Cap'n Stinky

Default London to Barcelona by train

Where can I buy train tickets on-line for European trains? I'm in the
UK. Eurostar tickets are no problem but I can't seem to find an online
european rail ticket website.

I'm thinking about taking a fairly early eurostar out of London and
spending a few hours in Paris before taking the overnighter to
Barcelona. Any advice?
Old January 3rd, 2004, 06:18 PM
Graham Harrison

Although I've never used them I've heard good things about
http://www.festtravel.co.uk/ (then click on "latest news"). I don't
believe it's an actual online booking service though.

--
*****
*****The "return to" address embedded in this mail is wrong as an antispam

Old January 3rd, 2004, 07:14 PM
Phil Richards

On 3 Jan 2004 03:00:31 -0800 Cap'n Stinky said...

Where can I buy train tickets on-line for European trains? I'm in the
UK. Eurostar tickets are no problem but I can't seem to find an online
european rail ticket website.

www.raileurope.co.uk is the only UK-based outlet that has an on-line
booking and payment facility for your sort of journey. Other agencies
allow a request to be put through their web site and your booking will be
confirmed later by email or whatever.

For night train see: www.elipsos.com
For general info see: www.seat61.com

--
Phil Richards
London

Old January 3rd, 2004, 10:10 PM
Rasmus Lundbye

I don't know if you WANT to take the train, but Ryanair flies from Stansted
to Barcelona. Very, very cheap as always with Ryan air, but of vourse they
don't stop in Paris.

However, I don't think you'll see much of Paris in a few hours.

om...

Old January 4th, 2004, 01:46 AM
Another

Does anyone know a good web site to use to book a cheap room in barcelona
in/near the city centre? Expedia are asking too much, all i require is clean
sheets and don't want to share with anyone else.

Andy

k...

Old January 4th, 2004, 03:30 AM
bondipom

Originally posted by Cap'N Stinky

For a fraction of the price and time try www.easyjet.co.uk .

Old January 4th, 2004, 11:38 AM
Phil Richards

On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 23:10:08 +0100 Rasmus Lundbye
said...

I don't know if you WANT to take the train, but Ryanair flies from Stansted
to Barcelona.

Actually not. They fly Girona & Reus which are a considerable long way
from Barcelona itself. At least the train goes to the city centre of
Barcelona.

Not everyone wants to travel the cheapest way. The train provides a more
relaxing way to travel.

--
Phil Richards
London

Old January 4th, 2004, 06:04 PM
John Owens

The Barcelona tourist office runs a good site. Something like barcelona on
line.

I have generally found good hotels near The Ramblas (but can be too noisy
if on the Ramblas).

--
John Owens

Fax 44 1509 89 08 22
www.GoodViews.co.uk

Old January 5th, 2004, 05:34 AM
Hatunen

On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 11:38:13 -0000, Phil Richards
wrote:

On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 23:10:08 +0100 Rasmus Lundbye
said...

I don't know if you WANT to take the train, but Ryanair flies from Stansted
to Barcelona.

Actually not. They fly Girona & Reus which are a considerable long way
from Barcelona itself. At least the train goes to the city centre of
Barcelona.

Not everyone wants to travel the cheapest way. The train provides a more
relaxing way to travel.

You can do a lot of relaxing on the extra day or so you have
available at your destination by flying.

Old January 5th, 2004, 08:25 AM
Phil Richards

On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 22:34:29 -0700 Hatunen said...

You can do a lot of relaxing on the extra day or so you have
available at your destination by flying.

Except the OP expressed interest in travelling overnight. Board the night
train in Paris around 21:00 and arrive about 09:00 the next morning....

--
Phil Richards
London