Nova Scotia

Old October 15th, 2007, 01:46 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Marsha[_2_]

Default Nova Scotia

Just returned from a guided-tour trip to Nova Scotia,
PEI, New Brunswick. It was every bit as beautiful as I
imagined, especially Cape Breton. Gotta love those
Canadians - some of the most hospitable people on
earth. I'm already planning my next trip, with a
rental car, of course.

Marsha/Ohio

Old October 26th, 2007, 01:20 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Marsha[_2_]

Frank F. Matthews wrote:

It is easier to get about and stop by places you find interesting with a
rental car. Without one I would not have been able to stay in Peggy's
Cove overnight. It was fascinating when the busses were not there.

Mark wrote:

STOP!!! I've been longing to go to Nova Scotia for years and just
haven't been able to work it into the vacation and finance budgets at
the same time!

Could you elaborate on your comment about the rental car? Did you
rely solely on the tour company?

"Marsha" wrote in message

Just returned from a guided-tour trip to Nova Scotia, PEI, New
Brunswick. It was every bit as beautiful as I imagined, especially
Cape Breton. Gotta love those Canadians - some of the most hospitable
people on earth. I'm already planning my next trip, with a rental
car, of course.

Marsha/Ohio

Mark,

I didn't see your post until Frank replied and quoted
you. This was a completely guided tour through Caravan
and included all expenses, including tips, most meals,
nice hotels, and entry to all scheduled attractions.
It was very economical and we covered a lot of
territory. I was happy with it. About the rental car,
if I've never been to a vacation destination before, I
prefer to do it by guided tour or by friends or
relatives in that area, to get an overview. If I
return, I want to tour on my own schedule.

Marsha/Ohio

Old October 27th, 2007, 12:06 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
singlemalt

Traveling in NS and PEI is so easy you absolutely do not need a guided tour
unless you have an infirmity and cannot drive.