Rushed into the security gate

Old December 16th, 2007, 08:14 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Mr. Travel

Default Rushed into the security gate

Rog' wrote:
"Craig Welch" wrote:

"Rog'" said:

While I have no use for the shrub or his cronies, IMO
its unfair to lay the issues with TSA at their feet.

Why? They introduced legislation that produced the TSA farce.

Post 9/11, the Dems pushed for airport security to be handled
by government employees, as opposed to private contractors.
If the Repubs had their way, these folks would be rent-a-cops,

What was the party of the president who sign it?
Old December 16th, 2007, 08:31 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Mr. Travel

William Black wrote:

"Mr. Travel" wrote in message
. ..

Peter wrote:

What’s with these people? I have to take off my belt, watch, tie
clip, cell phone, keys, and pocket change. Am I supposed to be able
to do all that instantaneously? Must I do it in my car or taxi
first? I don’t dare show my true disgust for fear of being branded a
threat. I don't fly often, but I've definitely noticed this increase
since a few years ago -- which is ironically when I shaved my
moustache off.

Obviously I’m doing something wrong; what is it?

Peter

Why don't you deal with the stuff before getting to the security area?
Why do you need to take off your belt?
If you have a belt that sets off the metal detector, buy a different
belt.

Why should he change his lifestyle because the US government is
terrified of terrorists who haven't killed anyone for several years?

Why should anyone?

The metal detectors existed before 9/11/01
Old December 16th, 2007, 10:23 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Binyamin Dissen

On Sat, 15 Dec 2007 18:27:25 -0800 Peter wrote:

:Whenever I fly from an airport whose security line is short or empty, I’m
:approached by a TSA agent as I pause to remove my metal objects from my person,
:before entering the metal detector.

That situation (at least, for me) is extremely rare. But, no, I have not been
rushed (or ignored it if I was).

:I’m usually some distance from the security gate (that is, not blocking its
:entrance by any means). The agent always urges me to go into gate. If I respond
:(always civilly) saying I’m not yet finished removing my metal objects, he or
:she invariably gets pushier.

Perhaps because the very very very last step for me is the shoes. No point in
rushing me through if I have my shoes on.

--
Binyamin Dissen
http://www.dissensoftware.com

Old December 16th, 2007, 12:18 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Rog'

"Mr. Travel" wrote:
What was the party of the president who sign it?

Look it up on Wikipedia.

Old December 16th, 2007, 04:32 PM posted to rec.travel.air
[email protected]

On Dec 15, 8:05 pm, "Rog'" wrote:
If you put your belt, tie clip, cell phone, keys and change,
dentures and other metal object into your checked luggage B4
leaving home, and wear only PJ's and slippers, you'll breeze thru.

Not true. At SFO, I reduced my clothing to gym shorts and a t-shirt.
I still got pulled aside for additional screening. I was about to
remove those last vestiges of clothing, but then I remembered about
that French woman and her experience at the security check point at
the Fort Wayne airport.
Old December 16th, 2007, 05:31 PM posted to rec.travel.air
[email protected]

On 16 Dec, 04:05, "Rog'" wrote:
Peter wrote:
Whenever I fly from an airport whose security line is short or
empty, I'm approached by a TSA agent as I pause to remove
my metal objects from my person, before entering the metal
detector.... What's with these people? I have to take off my
belt, watch, tie clip, cell phone, keys, and pocket change....

Your problem is easy to see: Wearing these things in the first
place. If you put your belt, tie clip, cell phone, keys and change,
dentures and other metal object into your checked luggage B4
leaving home, and wear only PJ's and slippers, you'll breeze thru.

That will mark you out as different and therefore 'suspicious'.

Old December 17th, 2007, 02:56 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Mr. Travel

Rog' wrote:

"Mr. Travel" wrote:

What was the party of the president who sign it?

Look it up on Wikipedia.

If he didn't approve, why didn't he just veto it?
Old December 17th, 2007, 02:57 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Mr. Travel

Larry in AZ wrote:

Waiving the right to remain silent, "Mr. Travel" said:

Larry in AZ wrote:

Waiving the right to remain silent, Craig Welch
said:

"Rog'" said:

"Craig Welch" wrote:

irwell said:

Peter wrote:

Obviously I'm doing something wrong; what is it?

Did you vote for Bush? Did anyone?

While I have no use for the shrub or his cronies, IMO its unfair to
lay the issues with TSA at their feet.

Why? They introduced legislation that produced the TSA farce.

Bush opposed the formation of TSA.

HUH?

Bush originally opposed the formation of a Homeland Security Department,
and all which flowed from it.

Again. He signed the bill.
Old December 17th, 2007, 03:37 AM posted to rec.travel.air
DevilsPGD

In message "Mr. Travel"
wrote:

If he didn't approve, why didn't he just veto it?

Bush only seems to veto things that would be good for the people...

Old December 17th, 2007, 06:36 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Dennis P. Harris

On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 18:57:35 -0800 in rec.travel.air, "Mr.
Travel" wrote:

Again. He signed the bill.

only because it passed with a veto-proof majority.

but we have never had a worst disaster of a pResident. time to
impeach the whole bu$h-cheney gang IMHO.