Hawaiian Luau Recommendations

Old May 2nd, 2008, 06:43 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

Default Hawaiian Luau Recommendations

Hey all

We leave in less two weeks for Hawaii and was hoping to make to a Luau
while there. We will be staying Honolulu for the first three days of
our trip and then will traveling by plane to the big island where will
be stayed for 3 more days in Hilo.

Any thoughts on the Island Breeze Luau in Kona? Also how long of a
trip is it to Kona from Hilo and back?

Just, so you know we do have a rental car in Hilo, but not in
Honolulu.

Thanks
Michael

Old May 2nd, 2008, 06:09 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Runge11

About 1 hour and a half but in between there is the national park and that
is + half a day at least

Old May 3rd, 2008, 03:23 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Mimi

" wrote in message
Hey all

We leave in less two weeks for Hawaii and was hoping to make to a Luau
while there. We will be staying Honolulu for the first three days of
our trip and then will traveling by plane to the big island where will
be stayed for 3 more days in Hilo.

Any thoughts on the Island Breeze Luau in Kona? Also how long of a
trip is it to Kona from Hilo and back?

Just, so you know we do have a rental car in Hilo, but not in
Honolulu.

There's a luau at the Polynesian Cultural Center, north of Honolulu on the
windward coast. I'm sure there are bus excursions to the Center that include
the luau -- and the show that goes along with it.

It's about a 2 hour drive Kona to Hilo.

Marianne

Old May 3rd, 2008, 08:39 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
James Silverton[_2_]

Mimi wrote on Sat, 3 May 2008 07:23:05 -0700:

" wrote in message
Hey all

We leave in less two weeks for Hawaii and was hoping to make
to a Luau while there. We will be staying Honolulu for the
first three days of our trip and then will traveling by plane
to the big island where will be stayed for 3 more days in
Hilo.

Any thoughts on the Island Breeze Luau in Kona? Also how long
of a trip is it to Kona from Hilo and back?

Just, so you know we do have a rental car in Hilo, but not in
Honolulu.

There's a luau at the Polynesian Cultural Center, north of
Honolulu on the windward coast. I'm sure there are bus
excursions to the Center that include the luau -- and the show
that goes along with it.

The Polynesian Cultural Center is run by Mormons. I'm told the
show and luau are quite good but I've not been there. You
probably can't get a MaiTai or any alcoholic refeshment.

It's about a 2 hour drive Kona to Hilo.

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Old August 1st, 2008, 03:18 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Bluesea

"James Silverton" wrote in message
Mimi wrote on Sat, 3 May 2008 07:23:05 -0700:

There's a luau at the Polynesian Cultural Center, north of
Honolulu on the windward coast. I'm sure there are bus
excursions to the Center that include the luau -- and the show
that goes along with it.

The Polynesian Cultural Center is run by Mormons. I'm told the show and
luau are quite good but I've not been there. You probably can't get a
MaiTai or any alcoholic refeshment.

Yes, the show and luau and exhibits at the PCC are excellent. My parents
always made it a point to take relatives who visited us there.

Although places licensed to sell liquor may have them available, alcoholic
beverages like Mai Tais aren't typical of authentic luaus. You can always
stop in at a bar, if that's what you want.

--
~~Bluesea~~
Spam is great in musubi, but not in email.