More misinfomation from RCCL

Old January 3rd, 2010, 05:17 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
StupidJerk

Default More misinfomation from RCCL

We were told by RCL that after we reached 10 cruises, our credits
would be interchangeable with Celebrity. After completing a 10 day
aqua class cruise on Celebrity we inquired as to when would our new 2
credits be added to our RCL account. Below is the RCL's corporate
speak response:

. . . . starting in January 2005, Royal Caribbean International and
Celebrity Cruises created an equivalent recognition program for
members of our loyalty programs in the upper membership tier levels
(unfortunately, Diamond Plus status is not available with this
program). We do wish to highlight that this is not a merge between
the two loyalty programs; therefore, your cruises will not be combined
between the two cruise lines. We are simply providing a new benefit
to our top two membership tiers to ensure that they receive the best
benefits possible. As such, Platinum and Diamond members of Crown &
Anchor Society will be able to join Captain's Club as Select or Elite
members, respectively. If you have further questions about this or
any of Crown & Anchor Society's benefits, please contact us via the
information below.

With our enhanced systems, Crown & Anchor Society members are no
longer required to show their membership cards to receive their
benefits. In order to receive credit for your cruise and your onboard
benefits, simply include your membership numbers in your cruise
reservation prior to sailing.

Please note: Cruise credits earned while sailing onboard Azamara
Cruises will be added to your Captain's Club membership.

Old January 3rd, 2010, 06:21 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article
,
StupidJerk wrote:

We were told by RCL that after we reached 10 cruises, our credits
would be interchangeable with Celebrity. After completing a 10 day
aqua class cruise on Celebrity we inquired as to when would our new 2
credits be added to our RCL account. Below is the RCL's corporate
speak response:

None were told that the credits from Celebrity Captains Club would be
added to the Royal Caribbean Crown and Anchor credits. As they
explained the interchange publicly since they announced it, if one has
Select or Elite status in the Celebrity program, they would have the
equivalent Platinum or Diamond status in the Royal Caribbean program
and vice versa, not that the credits would be added together.

--
Charles