Deer Delta Airlines

Old October 24th, 2003, 04:28 PM
xyzzy

Default Deer Delta Airlines

There's a reason they are called REGIONAL jets. Not INTERCONTINENTAL
jets. Please to be taking note of this.

(DFW-RDU in a CRJ-200: ugh)

Old October 24th, 2003, 04:51 PM
Jon Enslin

xyzzy wrote:

There's a reason they are called REGIONAL jets. Not INTERCONTINENTAL
jets. Please to be taking note of this.

(DFW-RDU in a CRJ-200: ugh)

A couple years ago, I thought it would be nice to fly United from
Madison to San Francisco by way of Denver instead of Chicago. I got two
regional jets instead of a puddle-jumper and a 777. Yay!!

Jon

--
"It seems all you can do is step on our collective joy whenever Canada
achieves a milestone in sports." - rob

Old October 24th, 2003, 05:01 PM
Kokopeli

"xyzzy" wrote in message
There's a reason they are called REGIONAL jets. Not INTERCONTINENTAL
jets. Please to be taking note of this.

(DFW-RDU in a CRJ-200: ugh)

Couple of years ago my mother flew from TUL to MSP in a CRJ-200. Yuck.
dw

Old October 24th, 2003, 05:16 PM
Andrew Perrin

xyzzy writes:

There's a reason they are called REGIONAL jets. Not INTERCONTINENTAL
jets. Please to be taking note of this.

(DFW-RDU in a CRJ-200: ugh)

Ummm... last time I checked DFW and RDU were on the same continent.

ap

* andrew_perrin (at) unc.edu
Old October 24th, 2003, 06:20 PM
xyzzy

Default Deer geografy genuses (was: Deer Delta Airlines

Andrew Perrin (CLists) wrote:

xyzzy writes:

There's a reason they are called REGIONAL jets. Not INTERCONTINENTAL
jets. Please to be taking note of this.

(DFW-RDU in a CRJ-200: ugh)

Ummm... last time I checked DFW and RDU were on the same continent.

ap

C/INTERNCONTINENTAL/TRANSCONTINENTAL/* *

so sue me.

Old October 24th, 2003, 07:53 PM
mrtravel

xyzzy wrote:

Andrew Perrin (CLists) wrote:

xyzzy writes:

There's a reason they are called REGIONAL jets. Not INTERCONTINENTAL
jets. Please to be taking note of this.

(DFW-RDU in a CRJ-200: ugh)

Ummm... last time I checked DFW and RDU were on the same continent.

ap

C/INTERNCONTINENTAL/TRANSCONTINENTAL/* *

so sue me.

Transcontinental really would involve NC to DFW
To me, that implies going across a lot more of the continent.
What was the flight time, like 2 hours?

Old October 25th, 2003, 08:56 PM
Casey

Deer? Instead of dear?

Geografy? Instead of geography?

Please continue to post using xyzzy as your name. Then we can
all add you to our killfiles. I know elementary school children
with better education.

Casey

Old October 25th, 2003, 08:57 PM
Miss L. Toe

"Casey" wrote in message
ink.net...
Deer? Instead of dear?

Geografy? Instead of geography?

Please continue to post using xyzzy as your name. Then we can
all add you to our killfiles. I know elementary school children
with better education.

Casey

Und wat eggsactly hus youre poost gottodo wiv hair travul ?

Dumbo :-)

Old October 24th, 2003, 07:30 PM
Tony Rice

xyzzy wrote in :

There's a reason they are called REGIONAL jets. Not INTERCONTINENTAL
jets. Please to be taking note of this.

(DFW-RDU in a CRJ-200: ugh)

I'm sure you mean DFW-ATL-RDU. All Delta flights are required by FAA
regualations to at least touch-and-go at ATL prior to arriving at their
final destination.

Lots of airlines are moving routes that used to be served by medium sized
Boeing aircraft to these little CRJs and ERJs. Boston-Raleigh and Orlando-
Raleigh is about my tollerance for those elf sized seats. Ottawa-Raleigh
in a CRJ is not fun.
Old October 24th, 2003, 07:36 PM
Jon Enslin

Tony Rice wrote:

xyzzy wrote in :

There's a reason they are called REGIONAL jets. Not INTERCONTINENTAL
jets. Please to be taking note of this.

(DFW-RDU in a CRJ-200: ugh)

I'm sure you mean DFW-ATL-RDU. All Delta flights are required by FAA
regualations to at least touch-and-go at ATL prior to arriving at their
final destination.

Actually, I just went on the Delta web-site and got a flight that goes
directly from RDU to DFW.

Jon