Bicycle helmets Are they mandatory in Europe?

Old February 21st, 2007, 11:02 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

Default Bicycle helmets Are they mandatory in Europe?

Here in Canada it is mandatory to wear a bicycle helmet. (only when
riding a bike of course).

Is this the case in the European countries?

Do different countries have different requirements?

I always wear one when riding in Canada but for the very limited
riding we will do in Europe, they are a bit of a large item to carry
in my luggage.

Thanks

Gord

Old February 21st, 2007, 11:10 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
PeterL

On Feb 21, 2:02 pm, wrote:
Here in Canada it is mandatory to wear a bicycle helmet. (only when
riding a bike of course).

Is this the case in the European countries?

Do different countries have different requirements?

I always wear one when riding in Canada but for the very limited
riding we will do in Europe, they are a bit of a large item to carry
in my luggage.

Thanks

Gord

If you fall and hit your head on the pavement who's going to fly you
back to Canada?

Old February 21st, 2007, 11:58 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Mary Pegg[_2_]

Padraig Breathnach wrote:

Forget the legal requirements, and think about your personal
well-being. Wear one. If you are hiring a bike, you can probably hire
a helmet. If you don't care to, or none is available for hire, buy
one. When you are finished, find a bare-headed kid on a bike and give
it to him or her.

Phooey. There's plenty of evidence that says they don't help (overall).

--
"Checking identity papers is a complete waste of time. If anyone can
be counted on to have valid papers, it will be the terrorists".
Old February 22nd, 2007, 12:44 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Padraig Breathnach

Mary Pegg wrote:

Padraig Breathnach wrote:

Forget the legal requirements, and think about your personal
well-being. Wear one. If you are hiring a bike, you can probably hire
a helmet. If you don't care to, or none is available for hire, buy
one. When you are finished, find a bare-headed kid on a bike and give
it to him or her.

Phooey. There's plenty of evidence that says they don't help (overall).

I'll settle for anecdotal evidence: there is one member of my family
who is convinced that her life was saved by wearing one.

--
PB
The return address has been MUNGED