ITA Software Pricing experiences?

Old May 2nd, 2007, 12:00 AM posted to rec.travel.air
RPS

Default ITA Software Pricing experiences?

I just research an itinerary at ITA software and it gave me a price.
Since the first and the last flight was on AA, I called them to buy the
ticket. The price they came up with was $50 higher. We went through in
detail and all the flights were same, and the same booking class.

Now, $50 is no big shakes by the standards to even surcharges these
days, but I was still surprised. At first I thought the prices must
have gone up during the 20 minutes it took me to call. However, I have
rechecked with both, and each is standing by its price!

I know many of you use ITA; have you encountered such price
discrepancies?
Old May 2nd, 2007, 12:33 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Miguel Cruz[_2_]

RPS wrote:
I just research an itinerary at ITA software and it gave me a price.
Since the first and the last flight was on AA, I called them to buy the
ticket. The price they came up with was $50 higher. We went through in
detail and all the flights were same, and the same booking class.

Now, $50 is no big shakes by the standards to even surcharges these
days, but I was still surprised. At first I thought the prices must
have gone up during the 20 minutes it took me to call. However, I have
rechecked with both, and each is standing by its price!

I know many of you use ITA; have you encountered such price
discrepancies?

Yes. Sometimes a travel agent was able to find it where the airline
could not. I don't know if that's due to incompetence on someone's part
or genuinely different available options.

miguel
--
Hit the road! Photos from around the world: http://travel.u.nu
Detailed airport information: http://airport.u.nu
Old May 2nd, 2007, 12:46 PM posted to rec.travel.air
grusl

"Miguel Cruz" wrote in message
miguel
--

Welcome back.

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore

Old May 2nd, 2007, 01:16 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Miguel Cruz[_2_]

"grusl" wrote:
"Miguel Cruz" wrote:
miguel

Welcome back.

Thanks. Looks like not much has changed!

miguel
Old May 2nd, 2007, 06:54 PM posted to rec.travel.air
grusl

"grusl" wrote:
"Miguel Cruz" wrote:
miguel

Welcome back.

Thanks. Looks like not much has changed!

Not significantly. In my opinion: r.t.air worse, r.t.asia same, r.t.europe
better

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore

Old May 6th, 2007, 05:55 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Jesper Lauridsen[_1_]

On Wed, 2 May 2007 23:24:41 +0530, "grusl" wrote:

Not significantly. In my opinion: r.t.air worse, r.t.asia same, r.t.europe
better

I only look in on rta occasionally, but it seems to me the group
is more on-topic now than it was a year ago.

Old May 6th, 2007, 07:01 PM posted to rec.travel.air
grusl

. ..
wrote:

Not significantly. In my opinion: r.t.air worse, r.t.asia same, r.t.europe
better

I only look in on rta occasionally, but it seems to me the group
is more on-topic now than it was a year ago.

I was working on a shorter timeframe than a year. And maybe your filters are
set better than mine. I know all three have improved astronomically for me
since I got away from Google Groups.

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore