Noisey New Airlines at SFO

Old October 15th, 2003, 06:58 PM
PTRAVEL

Default Noisey New Airlines at SFO

It appears that, this weekend, two startup airlines began operations out of
SFO or, perhaps, OAK. I spotted their planes flying around the Bay near
Alcatraz and the Golden Gate. Apparently, they're flying commuter jets
because these are very small aircraft. I didn't recognize the aircraft
type, but then again I never fly on commuters. I don't see how these
airlines will make any money, since these planes don't look like they can
seat very many people.

They're also very, very noisey and flown by some unbelievably reckless
pilots. I don't think I'd enjoy being a passenger on either of these
airlines, as I witnessed several near misses, some stalls, and at least one
plane that appeared to be flying upside-down. They also fly much too close
together and much too low. I can't believe the FAA permits this. It just
shows how lax FAA regulation has become -- this can't possibly be safe.

I took some pictures of these airlines' planes, which can be seen he

www.ruyitang.com/airshow.htm

I don't recognize the livery at all. One airline uses blue and yellow -- a
little garish for a commercial carrier, if you ask me. The other airline's
livery is red and white. I'm guessing that it is a new regional carrier for
Air Canada. Perhaps someone knows these airlines, as I certainly don't want
to buy a ticket for one, and I want to complain to someone about the
noise -- these things badly need hush kits. Evidently I'm not the only
person who was disturbed by the noise and commotion, as there were many,
many people down by the Fishermans Wharf area who noticed these new airlines
and stopped to watch.

Old October 15th, 2003, 07:26 PM
James Robinson

PTRAVEL wrote:

I don't see how these airlines will make any money, since these
planes don't look like they can seat very many people.

But do they have reclining seats?
Old October 15th, 2003, 07:30 PM
Bob Myers

"PTRAVEL" wrote in message
They're also very, very noisey and flown by some unbelievably reckless
pilots. I don't think I'd enjoy being a passenger on either of these
airlines, as I witnessed several near misses, some stalls, and at least

one
plane that appeared to be flying upside-down.

Gee, how funny. Do you write your own material,
or are you actually paying someone for this? If the
latter, you may wish to request a refund.

Bob M.

Old October 15th, 2003, 07:34 PM
Peter L

"James Robinson" wrote in message
PTRAVEL wrote:

I don't see how these airlines will make any money, since these
planes don't look like they can seat very many people.

But do they have reclining seats?

No but they have video games on board where you can shoot at others.

Old October 15th, 2003, 08:22 PM
mrtravel

PTRAVEL wrote:

It appears that, this weekend, two startup airlines began operations out of
SFO or, perhaps, OAK. I spotted their planes flying around the Bay near
Alcatraz and the Golden Gate. Apparently, they're flying commuter jets
because these are very small aircraft.

I think might have used a military field..
This weekend, it is the USAF Thunderbirds doing Salinas

Last weekend it was the USN and RCAF over San Francisco for Fleet Week
Blue Angels had a sick pilot so only flew 5 planes. I think they call
this the "missing man" formation.

Old October 16th, 2003, 08:18 AM
Plane_Man

Couldn't have been Air Canada Jazz (Air Canada's Regional Carrier) because
Air Canada Jazz Doesn't fly to SFO or OAK. AIr Canada flys to SFO with
A320's or B767's. Besides a CRJ couldn;t make SFO from YVR, not enough
range

Old October 16th, 2003, 08:24 AM
mrtravel

Plane_Man wrote:

Couldn't have been Air Canada Jazz (Air Canada's Regional Carrier) because
Air Canada Jazz Doesn't fly to SFO or OAK. AIr Canada flys to SFO with
A320's or B767's. Besides a CRJ couldn;t make SFO from YVR, not enough
range

You did see the pictures, right??

Old October 16th, 2003, 08:31 AM
Vitaly Shmatikov

In article ICrjb.2394$BS6.902@edtnps84,
Plane_Man wrote:

Besides a CRJ couldn't make SFO from YVR, not enough range

Nonsense. YVR-SFO is what, 800 miles? Well within CRJ range.

Now, whether 'em jets in the pictures have enough range to fly in from
YVR is something else Does Canada have an air force, anyway?

Old October 16th, 2003, 10:39 AM
Dennis P. Harris

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 10:58:01 -0700 in rec.travel.air, "PTRAVEL"
wrote:

he other airline's
livery is red and white. I'm guessing that it is a new regional carrier for
Air Canada.

nah, just a bunch of snowbirds.

;^)