scandinavia

Old May 5th, 2013, 05:08 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tom P[_6_]

Default scandinavia

On 05/03/2013 11:34 AM, Martin wrote:
itianRum?
On Fri, 03 May 2013 10:02:40 +0200, Tom P wrote:

Why duty-free? Well, where else can you buy a bottle of Mauritius rum?

Mauritian Rum?

http://www.bbr.com/products-6879-the...customers-only
http://www.greenislandrum.com/products.html
http://www.amazon.co.uk/LAMITIE-Whit.../dp/B004EAHHKI

New Grove Mauritius Island Oak Aged Rum in this case.

Old May 5th, 2013, 06:20 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
JohnT[_8_]

http://www.rumshop.co.uk/rum.html
--
JohnT

Old May 5th, 2013, 11:53 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tom P[_6_]

On 05/05/2013 07:20 PM, JohnT wrote:

"Tom P" wrote in message
On 05/03/2013 11:34 AM, Martin wrote:
itianRum?
On Fri, 03 May 2013 10:02:40 +0200, Tom P wrote:

Why duty-free? Well, where else can you buy a bottle of
Mauritius rum?

Mauritian Rum?

http://www.bbr.com/products-6879-the...customers-only

http://www.greenislandrum.com/products.html
http://www.amazon.co.uk/LAMITIE-Whit.../dp/B004EAHHKI

New Grove Mauritius Island Oak Aged Rum in this case.

http://www.rumshop.co.uk/rum.html

I think I paid a lot less.

Old May 7th, 2013, 02:11 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Erilar

Just got back. 7 hours out of sync. Weather north of the Arctic circle was
a lot better for photography than further south, if pretty chilly 8-). It
started to snow as we got closer to Bergen and rained there, but it was
lovely and sunny in Copenhagen 8-)

--
Erilar, biblioholic medievalist with iPad
Old May 7th, 2013, 02:22 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tim C.[_5_]

On Tue, 7 May 2013 13:11:23 +0000 (UTC), Erilar wrote in post :
:

as we got closer to Bergen and rained there,

It always rains in Bergen.

--
Tim C. Linz, Austria.
Old May 7th, 2013, 04:26 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne[_2_]

Erilar wrote:

Just got back. 7 hours out of sync. Weather north of the Arctic circle was
a lot better for photography than further south, if pretty chilly 8-). It
started to snow as we got closer to Bergen and rained there,

It rained in Bergen? I'm shocked.

(*) of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate
www.davidhorne.net (email address on website)
"[Do you think the world learned anything from the first
world war?] No. They never learn." -Harry Patch (1898-2009)
Old May 7th, 2013, 04:26 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne[_2_]

wrote:

Just got back. 7 hours out of sync. Weather north of the Arctic circle was
a lot better for photography than further south, if pretty chilly 8-). It
started to snow as we got closer to Bergen and rained there, but it was
lovely and sunny in Copenhagen 8-)

23C here. Back to winter at the weekend.

Fantastic day yesterday in the Peak District, unusual for a bank
holiday. It can rain the rest of the week now, as far as I'm concerned!

Old May 8th, 2013, 12:13 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Dave Smith

On 07/05/2013 9:11 AM, Erilar wrote:
Just got back. 7 hours out of sync. Weather north of the Arctic circle was
a lot better for photography than further south, if pretty chilly 8-). It
started to snow as we got closer to Bergen and rained there, but it was
lovely and sunny in Copenhagen 8-)

I had been to Denmark a couple times in early May and had wanted to go
back a little later in spring /summer to see it when it was a little
more lush. The last time we were there was in late June, after spending
the week leading up to Midsummer in Sweden. The weather was a major
disappointment. We arrived in time for a cold snap. The weather was
worse in late June than it had been in early May.
And forget about sleeping with the sun staying up 23-1/2 hours a day.
Old May 8th, 2013, 12:06 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Erilar

Dave Smith wrote:
On 07/05/2013 9:11 AM, Erilar wrote:
Just got back. 7 hours out of sync. Weather north of the Arctic circle was
a lot better for photography than further south, if pretty chilly 8-). It
started to snow as we got closer to Bergen and rained there, but it was
lovely and sunny in Copenhagen 8-)

I had been to Denmark a couple times in early May and had wanted to go
back a little later in spring /summer to see it when it was a little more
lush. The last time we were there was in late June, after spending the
week leading up to Midsummer in Sweden. The weather was a major
disappointment. We arrived in time for a cold snap. The weather was
worse in late June than it had been in early May.
And forget about sleeping with the sun staying up 23-1/2 hours a day.

Dark curtains! I had them on the ship and in the hotels I stayed in 8-)

--
Erilar, biblioholic medievalist with iPad
Old May 8th, 2013, 12:06 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Erilar

"Tim C." wrote:
On Tue, 7 May 2013 13:11:23 +0000 (UTC), Erilar wrote in post :
:

as we got closer to Bergen and rained there,

It always rains in Bergen.

Exactly what I was told there 8-). Apparently I was lucky that it thinned
out to heavily damp for a while in the afternoon I wanted to take some
fotos of it!
--
Erilar, biblioholic medievalist with iPad