Driving cross country with expired tags - how to avoid police?

Old July 29th, 2006, 04:10 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
gel[_2_]

Default Driving cross country with expired tags - how to avoid police?

Hypocryte, i cannot figure anybody more hypocryte than you.
And what you hide behind your hypocrysy is crappy .No wonder you say
you travel often to Edmonton.

--
Sent via Travel Newsgroups
http://www.travelnewsgroups.com
Old July 29th, 2006, 04:19 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
gel[_2_]

And i hope the mistakes on purpose in the last message will make your
crap
turn you into a little mafia member .I hope the fuel cost will be too
high so that the killers you send after me gives up. And with your
directions they won't end up in Louisiana.
Your last message would make any crappy bigot proud.

Old July 29th, 2006, 06:49 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,misc.transport.road
Larry Harvilla

On 7/28/2006 1:11 am, Hatunen wrote:
On 27 Jul 2006 15:27:19 -0700, "Sapphyre"
wrote:

Another road complaint (California specific), is when I'm booting along
at 65-70 with the other cars, but there's a gap, so the 18 wheeler
edges out in front of me, and slowly passes whatever at 55 mph. It
****es me off, because you'd think he'd see me closing in on him at a
high speed and realize it's better to let me get ahead of him and his
passing before slowing me down for a good 10 or so miles of roadway
where I keep having to apply my brakes. On the other hand, putting
myself in his shoes, if I'm in the right lane following someone doing
slower than 55, and I have a schedule to meet, I'd get past that guy at
the first opportunity where it's safe enough to change lanes.

And once the 18-wheeler is commmitted to passing and has its
steam up, it's pretty heavy to suddenly brake just to let you by,
or me, since the same thing rankles me. I-5 needs an extra lane
each way from the Grapevine northward.

What both of you have just commented on here is the inherent non-safety
of split car/truck speed limits. If trucks were allowed to go 70, or
frankly even 65, you wouldn't have such a huge range between minimum and
maximum actual speeds; trucks wouldn't take so long to complete passes,
meaning you would have more freedom to pass in the left lane; and it is
possible Caltrans could get away with delaying any kind of widening
project for another few years. You would be surprised how big the effect
of the split speed limits really is.

That said, although I have only been on it once, early on a Saturday
morning, I agree with you that I-5 in the Central Valley could use six
lanes.

--
Larry Harvilla
e-mail: roads AT phatpage DOT org

also visit: http://www.phatpage.org/highways.html
(in progress)
Old July 29th, 2006, 08:54 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
sechumlib

On 2006-07-26 23:14:59 -0400, gel said:

i guess you might be from New-York and you voted for Bush.
When the Bush's are in power the price of gazolines hits record high.
It will cost a lot in fuel cost to drive to Louisiana.

Are you speaking to anyone in particular, or the whole world. And what
are "gazolines"?

Isn't a gazoline a female gazelle?

LOL!

Old July 29th, 2006, 08:56 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
sechumlib

On 2006-07-28 23:10:58 -0400, gel said:

Hypocryte, i cannot figure anybody more hypocryte than you.
And what you hide behind your hypocrysy is crappy .No wonder you say
you travel often to Edmonton.

Are you addressing me, or Maxx, or the whole world in general? And
what's a "hypocryte" and what's "hypocrysy"?

Learn to spell. Learn to write. Learn to keep your mouth shut.

Old July 29th, 2006, 08:56 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
sechumlib

On 2006-07-28 23:19:18 -0400, gel said:

And i hope the mistakes on purpose in the last message will make your
crap turn you into a little mafia member .I hope the fuel cost will be too
high so that the killers you send after me gives up. And with your
directions they won't end up in Louisiana.
Your last message would make any crappy bigot proud.

Here comes the 3-year-old again.

Old July 29th, 2006, 01:53 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,misc.transport.road
Dave Smith

Larry Harvilla wrote:

What both of you have just commented on here is the inherent non-safety
of split car/truck speed limits. If trucks were allowed to go 70, or
frankly even 65, you wouldn't have such a huge range between minimum and
maximum actual speeds; trucks wouldn't take so long to complete passes,
meaning you would have more freedom to pass in the left lane; and it is
possible Caltrans could get away with delaying any kind of widening
project for another few years. You would be surprised how big the effect
of the split speed limits really is.

There is an inherent safety problem with split speed limits, but that is
because of poor driving skills. They can work. there are no speed limits for
cars on most of the German autobahns system. Trucks are limited to 90 kph and
there is no passing allowed in the right. I drove from the north of Germany
all the way to the south and then back up half way and across to France, more
than 1200 miles, and never saw a single accident. I was travelling at about
165 kph all the way, sticking to the middle lane. I was being passed by cars
that were doing almost double that speed.

Old July 29th, 2006, 02:15 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Rita[_1_]

On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 07:54:01 GMT, sechumlib

On 2006-07-26 23:14:59 -0400, gel said:

i guess you might be from New-York and you voted for Bush.
When the Bush's are in power the price of gazolines hits record high.
It will cost a lot in fuel cost to drive to Louisiana.

Are you speaking to anyone in particular, or the whole world. And what
are "gazolines"?

Isn't a gazoline a female gazelle?

LOL!

I don't know about that, but being from New York and voting
for Bush is an oxymoron.

Old July 29th, 2006, 02:47 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,misc.transport.road
Sapphyre

Dave Smith wrote:
There is an inherent safety problem with split speed limits, but that is
because of poor driving skills. They can work. there are no speed limits for
cars on most of the German autobahns system. Trucks are limited to 90 kph and
there is no passing allowed in the right. I drove from the north of Germany
all the way to the south and then back up half way and across to France, more
than 1200 miles, and never saw a single accident. I was travelling at about
165 kph all the way, sticking to the middle lane. I was being passed by cars
that were doing almost double that speed.

Was the car you were driving able to handle the 165 kph without too
many problems? Interestingly enough, the car I currently drive, has
difficulty at 140 kph (Ford Tempo). I don't like to get past 125 kph
for safety reasons (with the car, not my driving).

I think the fastest I can probably go on any given highway without
feeling nervous might be 85-90 mph (150 kph). But in order to do that,
I need to not have too much traffic, clear dry roads that don't have a
bunch of curves. I'm assuming the Autobahns don't have a lot of curves
and turns either.

I will say though, in Montana, passing a truck or slower car (in the
Butte area) was scary as heck at 75 mph on one of those curvy parts of
the Interstate. I found myself having to slow down to 65 mph quite a
bit because I couldn't handle the road. This could be mostly because I
live in Ontario, and don't have to drive on roads like this frequently
(and not allowed to drive them at that speed anyway). I'd suggest it's
because I haven't had my license very long, but my mom who's been
driving for almost 40 years now doesn't do hills, mountains or windy
roads without freaking out. The Lewis and Clark Trail (Hwy 12) is not
her idea of a good time.

Sapphyre

Old July 29th, 2006, 06:19 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
gel[_2_]

" a good farmer would have burried it and shut up" . Ralph Klein premier
of Alberta.

Eat a lot of Alberta beef, Ralph Klein makes sure it is dumped to
U.S.A.