Aer Lingus Shannon US preclearance

Old May 15th, 2011, 10:29 AM posted to rec.travel.air
David Horne, _the_ chancellor[_2_]

Default Aer Lingus Shannon US preclearance

Does this airline use the procedure at Shannon? Their website suggests
not, but I can't find specific information there.

TIA

--
(*) of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate
www.davidhorne.net (email address on website)
Old May 15th, 2011, 12:34 PM posted to rec.travel.air
JohnT[_7_]

"David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*)" wrote in message
Does this airline use the procedure at Shannon? Their website suggests
not, but I can't find specific information there.

TIA

I think so. Look here -
http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/toolbox/c..._locations.xml

There is a telephone contact if you need to double-check.
--
JohnT

Old May 15th, 2011, 01:00 PM posted to rec.travel.air

JohnT wrote:

"David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*)" wrote in message
Does this airline use the procedure at Shannon? Their website suggests
not, but I can't find specific information there.

TIA

I think so. Look here -
http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/toolbox/c..._locations.xml

There is a telephone contact if you need to double-check.

Thanks, though that confirms what I knew- that the facility exisited.
I'd also read that Aer Lingus wasn't using the facility yet, and that
was attracting criticism. It's not going to affect my decision, so I
can't be bothered calling.

Old May 15th, 2011, 01:34 PM posted to rec.travel.air
David Horne, _the_ chancellor[_2_]

Runge 128 wrote:

No just bother people here

Asking such questions is precisely what this newsgroup is for. What are
_you_ for?

Old May 15th, 2011, 06:13 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Runge 128

I can answer some questions but your's...sorry no I can't, so I don't.
Users of the group would be better off phoning the right sources instead of
asking stuff like yours.
They should be bothered.
You are just filling an empty time/space in your life.
Awaiting martin now...

Old May 15th, 2011, 06:23 PM posted to rec.travel.air

Runge 128 wrote:

You are just filling an empty time/space in your life.

I asked a question to which I genuinely wanted an answer. It's quite
obvious which one of us is filling in empty time here.

Old May 15th, 2011, 06:32 PM posted to rec.travel.air
John Levine

Does this airline use the procedure at Shannon? Their website suggests
not, but I can't find specific information there.

Given the huge convenience to passengers that preclearance offers, and
the large investment the Shannon airport made two years ago to build a
full preclearance facility (adding customs to the existing
immigration) it would be rather strange if Aer Lingus didn't use it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...arance#Ireland

If you want to be entirely sure, you can call the Shannon CBP office
on +353 1814-4815.

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/toolbox/c...ns.xml#Ireland

R's,
John
Old May 15th, 2011, 06:34 PM posted to rec.travel.air
John Levine

This press release says they've been using it since May 2010:

http://www.aerlingus.com/aboutus/aer...e,2012,en.html