Manchester to Orlando

Old November 1st, 2006, 09:46 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Paullie[_1_]

Default Manchester to Orlando

I need to be in Orlando early January for a work conference, now this is the
first time I have crossed the pond since 1998 and looking for any advise you
guys could give me on routings etc.
I would probably be flying economy/economy plus, and at a minimum I would
prob be looking for seat back TV and free drinks during the flight.

I have been gioven the following routings

Manchester - Orlando - Direct Virgin
Manchester - Philadelphia - Orlando - US Airways
Manchester - Chicago - Orlando - American
Manchester - Atlanta - Orlando - Delta
Manchester - Newark - Orlando - Continental
Manchester - London - Orlando - BA
Manchester - Chicago - Orlando BMI

Now its just the choosing which routing is the best, now I know that the
direct service with Virgin prob would be best be just looking for some other
ideas!

Cheers
Paul
Thanks

Old November 2nd, 2006, 03:41 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Shawn Hirn

In article ,
"Paullie" wrote:

[...]

This is simple. Go on Virgin Atlantic. Virgin Atlantic is a no brainer.
You get a non-stop flight on one of the best airlines in the industry.
Old November 2nd, 2006, 02:38 PM posted to rec.travel.air
TOliver

"Shawn Hirn" wrote ...
"Paullie" wrote:

[...]

Oh, I suppose he's right, other than the fact that the Virgin flight will be
filled to the overhead with sun-seekers and Pilgrims to Disneyville, many of
them obnoxious ankle-biters, complaining from the time to door shuts until
debarking.

As for non-stop, that can be over-rated, although a stop in ORD would not be
my choice, and I'm not much of a fan of UselessAir (although Philly's not a
bad PoE).

BA requiring a change in London? Only slightly better than Bubonic Plague,
but worse than Salmonella or scrub typhus.

From a jet-lag and orientation standpoint, comparing the various flight
skeds would be important to me.

Then there are those mysterious flights into Sanford, some of which may
originate in the Midlands.....

TMO

Old November 2nd, 2006, 05:45 PM posted to rec.travel.air
[email protected][_1_]

TOliver wrote:
"Shawn Hirn" wrote ...
"Paullie" wrote:

[snip]
[...]

By flying direct he avoids the pleasures of missing a connection.
More of an issue on the way back but none the less, the advantages are
hard to beat.

[snip]
Then there are those mysterious flights into Sanford, some of which may
originate in the Midlands.....

That'd be my only other suggestion is to see if there is a charter
or something
to Sanford or really even Tampa which isn't all that far away. Truth
is that
Miami is only about a 4 hour drive.