7-10 Days National Parks Tour Search

Old August 30th, 2010, 12:20 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

Default 7-10 Days National Parks Tour Search

Lawrence Akutagawa wrote:
"K" wrote in message

Lawrence Akutagawa wrote:
"Brian" wrote in message
On Thu, 26 Aug 2010 17:31:49 -0700, "Lawrence Akutagawa"
wrote:

Such that the original poster is seeking the same info gratis here
rather than pay someone? Now why can't the op do the work
himself that he expects
someone else to do for him gratis? Lazy? Can pay for the tour
but does not want to pay for info about the tour? Has enough time
to take the tour but not enough time to conduct the search
himself? Does not know how to use
google, bing, yahoo, ask, or any of the other search sites?

Or perhaps the person is asking if anyone might have knowledge that
might help make a decision.

Not everyone is all-knowing as you must be.

[chuckle] Read the original post. I'll quote it here in its
entirety for you:

****
We are looking for a tour that covers the following parks ending in
Las Vegas.
We want to visit Arches National Park, Grand Canyon, Monument Park,
Bryce Canyon and ending with a 2 day stay in Las Vegas.

Any ideas if this type of tour exist?

Please Help!
Jimmy
****

Nothing there about "asking if anyone might have knowledge that
might help make a decision." Jimmy is just looking for information
commonly supplied by travel agents.

No, I am not "all-knowing." But I know enough to know that Jimmy is
asking for information commonly supplied by travel agents. Of
course, if you yourself want to play travel agent for Jimmy
gratis...by all means be my guest.

You really are an ass. Why don't I recognize your name after over
twenty years on this group? The OP asked a very generic question,
and why you take that as an affront is a mystery. You must be one
of these 'travel agents' you tout so much, looking for a commission.
Why don't you get lost? You're still trying to sound all-knowing,
and all you manage to do is to sound all-jerk. You really don't
belong here with that attitude.

tsk, tsk, tsk...temper, temper, temper. And now throwing about ad
hominems to and fro to boot.

Coming back to the issue at hand:
How about walking the walk and not just talking the talk? How about
you doing the research for the OP and providing him with the
information he seeks gratis for which he would have to pay a travel
agent? Why be such an absolute hypocrite?

I already sent him what he was looking for, which is why I can't understand
why you go on and on. If you could read as well as you can bleat you'd know
that.

Old August 30th, 2010, 12:51 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Lawrence Akutagawa

"Doug McDonald" wrote in message
On 8/29/2010 2:35 AM, Lawrence Akutagawa wrote:

Coming back to the issue at hand:
How about walking the walk and not just talking the talk? How about you
doing the research for the OP and providing him with the information he
seeks gratis for which he would have to pay a travel agent? Why be such
an
absolute hypocrite?

He may be asking for info that you don't get with a travel agent.

I've actually tried travel agents for vacations, and except for one
4-day add-on to a scientific conference in Hawaii, I've never,
ever, had one cope up with a suggestion that was any good.
Really. They've never even heard of most of the companies I've
taken group tours with in the past. They've never even heard
of most of the places I've been. And the places they
have heard of, such as the last try, Panama, they never came up with
anything suitable.

"He may be asking for info that you don't get with a travel agent."
hmmm...ok, I give up. Here is original poster's post -

*****
We are looking for a tour that covers the following parks ending in Las
Vegas.
We want to visit Arches National Park, Grand Canyon, Monument Park,
Bryce Canyon and ending with a 2 day stay in Las Vegas.

Any ideas if this type of tour exist?

Please Help!
Jimmy
*****

Where in his post is he "asking for info that you don't get with a travel
agent"? Granted, he needs to work with a travel agent familiar with the
American Southwest and in particular Las Vegas, Arches National Park, Grand
Canyon, Monument Park, Bryce Canyon. Working with one specializing in the
New England states will probably not get him the information he seeks.

Old August 30th, 2010, 01:12 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Lawrence Akutagawa

"K" wrote in message

Lawrence Akutagawa wrote:
"K" wrote in message

wrote:

[...]

[chuckle] So you indeed did do the research for him. I was wrong. Lucky
man, he is. I do note, though, that his requested two day stay in LV at the
end is not included in the tour package. And the indicated tour includes
the north rim of the Grand Canyon rather than the more popular - and to many
the more sweeping view wise - south rim. But these are probably no more
than no-never-minds for what he is looking. I wonder why he hasn't the
courtesy of thanking you for doing all the work for him.

Old August 30th, 2010, 02:12 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Brian[_1_]

On Sun, 29 Aug 2010 00:36:04 -0700, "Lawrence Akutagawa"
wrote:

Clarification, please....
By "do independent research" do you mean you yourself did the research or
did you - as did the OP here - call on others to do that "independent
research" for you gratis?

Some of both. Researching myself and asking people for help. Found a
lot of good information from people in different newsgroups. And
hopefully some of my posts helped others also.
Old August 30th, 2010, 02:15 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Brian[_1_]

On Sun, 29 Aug 2010 17:12:31 -0700, "Lawrence Akutagawa"
wrote:

[chuckle] So you indeed did do the research for him. I was wrong. Lucky
man, he is. I do note, though, that his requested two day stay in LV at the
end is not included in the tour package. And the indicated tour includes
the north rim of the Grand Canyon rather than the more popular - and to many
the more sweeping view wise - south rim. But these are probably no more
than no-never-minds for what he is looking. I wonder why he hasn't the
courtesy of thanking you for doing all the work for him.

You've been evading the question that was asked. Are you a travel
agent?
Old August 30th, 2010, 02:22 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Brian[_1_]

On Sun, 29 Aug 2010 08:37:10 -0700, SMS
wrote:

On 26/08/10 6:19 AM, JImmy wrote:
We are looking for a tour that covers the following parks ending in Las
Vegas.
We want to visit Arches National Park, Grand Canyon, Monument Park,
Bryce Canyon and ending with a 2 day stay in Las Vegas.

Any ideas if this type of tour exist?

It does not exist. Forget about visiting these places.

Why should he forget about visiting them? It just might take going
there himself by renting a car.

I could be wrong but short of arranging a personalized trip which
would be very expensive, I would doubt that there would be a trip that
would visit these locations without going to other locations also.

Tauck does have a tour that goes to Bryce, Zion, the Grand Canyon and
Las Vegas.
Old August 30th, 2010, 05:59 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Lawrence Akutagawa

wrote:

[chuckle] So you indeed did do the research for him. I was wrong. Lucky
man, he is. I do note, though, that his requested two day stay in LV at
the
end is not included in the tour package. And the indicated tour includes
the north rim of the Grand Canyon rather than the more popular - and to
many
the more sweeping view wise - south rim. But these are probably no more
than no-never-minds for what he is looking. I wonder why he hasn't the
courtesy of thanking you for doing all the work for him.

You've been evading the question that was asked. Are you a travel
agent?

relevance? Whether I am one or not is a red herring, is it not? What
bearing does my being one or not have to do with the OP not doing his own
research? Or with him not seeking the services of any appropriate travel
agent?

Old August 30th, 2010, 06:00 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Lawrence Akutagawa

wrote:

On 26/08/10 6:19 AM, JImmy wrote:
We are looking for a tour that covers the following parks ending in Las
Vegas.
We want to visit Arches National Park, Grand Canyon, Monument Park,
Bryce Canyon and ending with a 2 day stay in Las Vegas.

Any ideas if this type of tour exist?

It does not exist. Forget about visiting these places.

Why should he forget about visiting them? It just might take going
there himself by renting a car.

I could be wrong but short of arranging a personalized trip which
would be very expensive, I would doubt that there would be a trip that
would visit these locations without going to other locations also.

Tauck does have a tour that goes to Bryce, Zion, the Grand Canyon and
Las Vegas.

kudos on doing OP's research for him.

Old August 31st, 2010, 02:30 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Brian[_1_]

On Sun, 29 Aug 2010 21:59:12 -0700, "Lawrence Akutagawa"
wrote:

relevance? Whether I am one or not is a red herring, is it not? What
bearing does my being one or not have to do with the OP not doing his own
research? Or with him not seeking the services of any appropriate travel
agent?

Guess that tells me what I need to know.

I'd sure hate to be a client of yours. Then again, I'm not really big
on interacting with obnoxious argumentative people any more than I
have to.
Old August 31st, 2010, 02:31 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Brian[_1_]

On Sun, 29 Aug 2010 22:00:24 -0700, "Lawrence Akutagawa"
wrote:

kudos on doing OP's research for him.

Did it just for you.