Miami

Old January 27th, 2004, 10:14 PM

Default Miami

Is the South Beach area the place to stay in when visiting Miami? If so,
suggestions to hotels/motels would be greatly appreciated.

If not South Beach, what area do you suggest? We're just going to visit the
area--sight see, etc.

Thanks.

Old January 31st, 2004, 02:48 PM
Me

In article ,
wrote:

Is the South Beach area the place to stay in when visiting Miami? If so,
suggestions to hotels/motels would be greatly appreciated.

It depends on what your interests and budget are. I liked staying in the
South Beach area when I visited Miami a couple of years ago. I stayed at
the Days Inn Art Deco which is one of the cheaper hotels in that area.
This Days Inn is at the north end of the South Beach area, but walkable
to lots of restaurants, shops, and its right on the beach with a private
pool and free parking.
Old January 31st, 2004, 11:35 PM

Thanks for the info. We're not really sure what there is to see/do in
Miami, so if you have any further information on that, it also would be
greatly appreciated.

Carol

Old February 1st, 2004, 03:44 AM
Brian

wrote:

Thanks for the info. We're not really sure what there is to see/do in
Miami, so if you have any further information on that, it also would be
greatly appreciated.

Carol

We're going to Miami on the 11th and would appreciate that advice
also. We're staying in South Beach after much decision. It's been 30
years since we've been there and have some ideas about attractions but
would like ideas about restaurants etc. We're in our 50's.
Old February 1st, 2004, 06:06 PM
Shawn \Me\ Hearn

In article ,
Brian wrote:

wrote:

Thanks for the info. We're not really sure what there is to see/do in
Miami, so if you have any further information on that, it also would be
greatly appreciated.

Carol

We're going to Miami on the 11th and would appreciate that advice
also. We're staying in South Beach after much decision. It's been 30
years since we've been there and have some ideas about attractions but
would like ideas about restaurants etc. We're in our 50's.

If you like Cuban food, there are numerous restaurants along the
Lincoln Avenue Mall in South Beach. Restaurants of other cuisines
are available there too. Check http://www.chowhound.com for some
specific recommendations.
Old February 1st, 2004, 08:52 PM
Miguel Cruz

Shawn \"Me\" Hearn wrote:
If you like Cuban food, there are numerous restaurants along the
Lincoln Avenue Mall in South Beach.

Also a lot of the supermarkets on Washington Ave have great to-go Cuban food
in the back. Bring it out to the beach at sunset for a nice relaxing meal.

miguel
--
Hundreds of travel photos from around the world: http://travel.u.nu/