Niagra Falls Suggestions

Old May 5th, 2006, 01:47 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

Default Niagra Falls Suggestions

Mark Brader wrote:

Sounds like fun, yes. Note that this trip covers a completely different
bit of the river than the Maid of the Mist; from the Maid you see the
falls, whereas the jet boat is for the rapids further downstream.

At this point I'll put in my usual plug for the White Water Walk, where
you walk alongside a section of rapids even more powerful than the ones
that the jet boat traverses. (From the jet boat you would see the river
as it emerges from these rapids.) This is on the Canadian side only.

Is it called the White Water Walk? Niagara Glen? It is a great hike down
there. I have seen a few hikers over on the American side, but I don't know
how they got down there.

Old May 5th, 2006, 06:47 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

Thay get down there by elevator.

"Mark Brader" wrote in message
Yvonne Woodstock:
For anyone who has been there... what would YOU suggest as the MUST SEE
FUN things to do while there and which things would YOU avoid as
overpriced, over rated, not all they are cracked up to be and not worth
spending time on?

"Cate":
I'd avoid the Maid of the Mist and instead go on the jet boat, which
leaves from Lewiston NY, about 20 minutes north of the city center of
Niagara Falls NY. http://www.whirlpooljet.com/index2.cfm

Ah, interesting, I hadn't heard of that trip. I see that it also operates
on the Canadian side (with departures from Niagara-on-the-Lake).

When I did it 4 years ago, it was a little pricey (maybe $40 per
person), but totally worth it IMO. Bring a dry change of clothes ...

--
Mark Brader | "/dev/null institutionalizes a regrettable loss of bits

Old May 5th, 2006, 05:40 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

Mark Brader wrote:

Sounds like fun, yes. Note that this trip covers a completely different
bit of the river than the Maid of the Mist; from the Maid you see the
falls, whereas the jet boat is for the rapids further downstream.

Yes, I should've said that. I should've also added that the jet boat is
less of a sightseeing trip than a thrill-seeking, soaking wet ride.
Though since the jet boat's route is through the gorge, it is a scenic
ride--when you can see through the sheets of water raining down on you.
It's a bit like white water rafting without having to do any paddling.
And you're in a much bigger boat.

Cate

Old May 6th, 2006, 06:16 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

It all depends on what your preferences are. The bottom line is you
should visit both sides to judge it for yourself (1+ day on each).

In a nutshell... If you like the touristy, right-by-the-city among the
crowds atmosphere, there is no doubt the Canadian side is better. There
is plenty to do even after midnight. If you enjoy nature more, try the
American side (but by no means this place is secluded). If you prefer a
complete view from afar and from above the falls, do the Canada side.
If you prefer to "touch" and feel the fall from up close and experience
the rapids leading up to them, definitely try the American.

Old May 8th, 2006, 03:45 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

check these out

http://discoverniagara.com/attractions/main/

http://www.ontariotravel.net/TcisCtr... &language=EN

http://www.accessniagara.com/blog/index.php

see the falls at sun down under the lights from the Canada side

Yvonne Marie Woodstock wrote:
My husband and I had planned a trip to the Poconos honeymoon resorts for
our honeymoon BUT it turns out that is WAYyyy too expensive for us.

So now we are planning to go to Niagra Falls in early June.

What is the difference between the New York side and things to do there
and costs and the Canada side and things to do there and costs?

For anyone who has been there... what would YOU suggest as the MUST SEE
FUN things to do while there and which things would YOU avoid as
overpriced, over rated, not all they are cracked up to be and not worth
spending time on?

ANother problem we have run into is I have typed niagra falls in various
search engines and in various ways and havent been able to find any
sites that offer to send me free or any brochures that I prefer to get
through the mail?

Does anyone know how and where to get such brochures on anything to do
with that area and its attractions and lodging etc.

ANY tips on fun places to visit along the way between Michigan and
there?

Thanks for all your help
We really appreciate it.

Old May 9th, 2006, 12:15 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

Default Niagara Falls Suggestions Smiles & All

Thank you Smiles. I will put those sites into my save files and go
through them thoroughly.
I appreciate your suggesting them to me.

Thank you to anyone who offered FRIENDLY, thoughtful, considerate
advice. We greatly appreciate it and the time each put into doing so.
Mr. Dave Smith and Mark Brader we offer additional thanks to for a great
deal of time helping us through emails , answering numerous questions
regarding our trip.
Some very exceptional people. {{hug}}

We are also going to spend a few days/nights in Toronto as well now.
We are REALLY looking forward to our trip and thank you to anyone who
was gracious in your assistance.