Your opinion wanted new passport requirements effective 1/8/07

Old August 26th, 2006, 04:26 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Rog'

Default Your opinion wanted new passport requirements effective 1/8/07

"ant" wrote:
US Passports: Routine Services (Form DS-11), Non-Refundable
Age 16 and older: The passport application fee is $55. The security
surcharge is $12. The execution fee is $30. The total is $97. Under
Age 16: The passport application fee is $40. The security surcharge
is $12. The execution fee is $30. The total is $82.

Those who choke on the expense of a license to roam the globe would
IMHO do better to stay home and watch travel programs on TV. The
price of luggage is outlandish as well, but no one complains about that.
However, these things are miniscule compared to the actual expense of
the trip itself. =R=

Old August 26th, 2006, 04:43 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Rita[_1_]

On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 23:26:09 -0400, "Rog'"
wrote:

"ant" wrote:
US Passports: Routine Services (Form DS-11), Non-Refundable
Age 16 and older: The passport application fee is $55. The security
surcharge is $12. The execution fee is $30. The total is $97. Under
Age 16: The passport application fee is $40. The security surcharge
is $12. The execution fee is $30. The total is $82.

Those who choke on the expense of a license to roam the globe would
IMHO do better to stay home and watch travel programs on TV. The
price of luggage is outlandish as well, but no one complains about that.
However, these things are miniscule compared to the actual expense of
the trip itself. =R=

And the passport is valid for 10 years -- thus the per year cost is
$8.20. As you point out, small change when compared to the cost
of travel abroad. Geez!

Old August 26th, 2006, 01:00 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
ant[_6_]

Rog' wrote:
"ant" wrote:
US Passports: Routine Services (Form DS-11), Non-Refundable
Age 16 and older: The passport application fee is $55. The
security surcharge is $12. The execution fee is $30. The total is
$97. Under Age 16: The passport application fee is $40. The
security surcharge is $12. The execution fee is $30. The total is
$82.

Those who choke on the expense of a license to roam the globe would
IMHO do better to stay home and watch travel programs on TV. The
price of luggage is outlandish as well, but no one complains about
that. However, these things are miniscule compared to the actual
expense of the trip itself. =R=

That's nice but, why have you quoted me talkign about US passports? I don't
have a US passport, and never said any thing about them

Those who can't quote accurately should stay off usenet.

--
ant
Don't try to email me;

Old August 26th, 2006, 03:18 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Rog'

"ant" wrote:
Those who can't quote accurately should stay off usenet.

My apologoes.
Guess some people never make scriviner's errors.

Old August 26th, 2006, 04:29 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Frank F. Matthews

wrote:

"ant" wrote:

US Passports: Routine Services (Form DS-11), Non-Refundable
Age 16 and older: The passport application fee is $55. The security
surcharge is $12. The execution fee is $30. The total is $97. Under
Age 16: The passport application fee is $40. The security surcharge
is $12. The execution fee is $30. The total is $82.

Those who choke on the expense of a license to roam the globe would
IMHO do better to stay home and watch travel programs on TV. The
price of luggage is outlandish as well, but no one complains about that.
However, these things are miniscule compared to the actual expense of
the trip itself. =R=

And the passport is valid for 10 years -- thus the per year cost is
$8.20. As you point out, small change when compared to the cost
of travel abroad. Geez!

Actually travel abroad is often cheaper than that. Of course it helps
that the cost can be split over many trips to the bakery.

Old August 28th, 2006, 05:55 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Hatunen

wrote:

"ant" wrote:
US Passports: Routine Services (Form DS-11), Non-Refundable
Age 16 and older: The passport application fee is $55. The security
surcharge is $12. The execution fee is $30. The total is $97. Under
Age 16: The passport application fee is $40. The security surcharge
is $12. The execution fee is $30. The total is $82.

Those who choke on the expense of a license to roam the globe would
IMHO do better to stay home and watch travel programs on TV. The
price of luggage is outlandish as well, but no one complains about that.
However, these things are miniscule compared to the actual expense of
the trip itself. =R=

There are a lot of Americans who will, in near future, require
passports not for roaming the globe, but for going to Christmas
dinner at auntie's house.

Old August 29th, 2006, 09:59 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Rudy[_1_]

It will hurt travel to Mexico and Canada. The passport process, for new
passports, is real pain in the butt, and very expensive. I just went
through it for my wife and two kids. Hours of waiting at a post office,
and very expensive. The post office then tries to sell you Express Mail
service at about $30 per passport extra, even though the regular priority
mail still is tracked and requires a signature.

I just got mine. DL the form on the 'net' filled it in and mailed it with
the regular fee.

Received it back in 20 days.

Old August 30th, 2006, 08:05 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Hatunen

On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 08:59:40 GMT, "Rudy"
wrote:

It will hurt travel to Mexico and Canada. The passport process, for new
passports, is real pain in the butt, and very expensive. I just went
through it for my wife and two kids. Hours of waiting at a post office,
and very expensive. The post office then tries to sell you Express Mail
service at about $30 per passport extra, even though the regular priority
mail still is tracked and requires a signature.

I just got mine. DL the form on the 'net' filled it in and mailed it with
the regular fee.

Received it back in 20 days.

I even took the photos I sengt in for us.