Back from Westerdam caribbean cruise

Old April 25th, 2008, 02:29 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
cha

Default Back from Westerdam caribbean cruise

Sadly...

We had a really excellent time. My friend wanted to play with the
sting rays--mostly because her daughter told her that she was too old
and she had to prove her wrong. I had my reservations but it turned
out to be fun. She also wanted to go to the turtle farm but I lucked
out and it was too late by the time we got back to go do that. Mom
spent too much time shopping at both Grand Turk and Cayman and we
should have just turned her loose on her own and gone our own way.
Then we all spent too much at Grand Cayman. Nice to know we are
contributing to their economy.

We had a really nice couple of days in Fort Lauderdale when we got
back also. We took the water taxi through the canal-things and got on
and off at various stops. The weather was gorgeous in Fort Lauderdale
and so much was clean and nice.

I really appreciated all the advice and information you folks here
provide. So many places I felt pretty comfortable armed with the info
from here.

Anyway, I've posted my pictures. I didn't have my camera with me a
lot of the time so got a bunch of some stuff and not much of other
stuff that I now regret. But they'll have to do.

http://chacharu.smugmug.com/gallery/...7_q5MQg#P-1-15

If it will let you do it, click on the slideshow for the best,
full-sized pictures, but that seems to be a little skittish depending
on your browser. I had to install the latest version of adobe's flash
player to get it to run with Internet Explorer but it did fine with
Firefox and won't even begin to work with Opera.

cha
Old April 25th, 2008, 10:10 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Becca[_2_]

cha wrote:

http://chacharu.smugmug.com/gallery/...7_q5MQg#P-1-15

If it will let you do it, click on the slideshow for the best,
full-sized pictures, but that seems to be a little skittish depending
on your browser. I had to install the latest version of adobe's flash
player to get it to run with Internet Explorer but it did fine with
Firefox and won't even begin to work with Opera.

cha

Thanks for the photos, I enjoyed seeing the Westerdam, the ports, the
stingrays g, and I know how tiring it can be, shopping for tanzanite.
LOL

Great photos, thanks so much for sharing them.

Becca
Old April 27th, 2008, 06:17 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

http://chacharu.smugmug.com/gallery/...353297_q5MQg#P...

If it will let you do it, click on the slideshow for the best,
full-sized pictures, but that seems to be a little skittish depending
on your browser. *I had to install the latest version of adobe's flash
player to get it to run with Internet Explorer but it did fine with
Firefox and won't even begin to work with Opera. *

cha

Thank you so much for sharing. I felt like I was on the cruise with
you.

iuki
Old April 27th, 2008, 08:34 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian K[_2_]

On 4/24/2008 9:29 PM cha plucked Senior Frog's Magic Twanger and said:
[...]

Just think those photos you missed. They'll last in your mind as
memories, so don't lament. Plan a return cruise because it sounds that
sadly you had a smashing good time!

--
________
Brian M. Kochera
Old April 28th, 2008, 09:20 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
cha

Anyway, I've posted my pictures. I didn't have my camera with me a
lot of the time so got a bunch of some stuff and not much of other
stuff that I now regret. But they'll have to do.

http://chacharu.smugmug.com/gallery/...7_q5MQg#P-1-15

If it will let you do it, click on the slideshow for the best,
full-sized pictures, but that seems to be a little skittish depending
on your browser. I had to install the latest version of adobe's flash
player to get it to run with Internet Explorer but it did fine with
Firefox and won't even begin to work with Opera.

cha

On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 03:34:54 -0400, Brian K
wrote:

Just think those photos you missed. They'll last in your mind as
memories, so don't lament. Plan a return cruise because it sounds that
sadly you had a smashing good time!

I didn't bother with a lot of inside shots because I was having
trouble with the flash on the camera. But I'm thinking it's a good
excuse to go back. (whatever it takes)

We spent a few days in Fort Lauderdale after the cruise and really
enjoyed that too. Both there and on the cruise, I just kept looking
around and thinking how it looked exactly like the postcards--except
that this time I was in it! The weather was wonderful and everything
was just beautiful.

cha
Old April 28th, 2008, 10:14 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian K[_2_]

wrote:

Just think those photos you missed. They'll last in your mind as
memories, so don't lament. Plan a return cruise because it sounds that
sadly you had a smashing good time!

I didn't bother with a lot of inside shots because I was having
trouble with the flash on the camera. But I'm thinking it's a good
excuse to go back. (whatever it takes)

We spent a few days in Fort Lauderdale after the cruise and really
enjoyed that too. Both there and on the cruise, I just kept looking
around and thinking how it looked exactly like the postcards--except
that this time I was in it! The weather was wonderful and everything
was just beautiful.

cha

As for Fort Lauderdale, check http://sunny.org for the events calendar.
I was there for the Holiday Parade of boats. It's both beautiful and
very surreal. Boats from little dinghys to mega-yachts get all done up
in lights. Then they parade up and down the inland waterway canals.
There's a competition and each tries to outdo the other. An hour or two
before sunset and people with all sorts of lawn furniture stake out a
viewing place. Prize positions are across bridges. I even saw some
people tailgating at an adjacent parking lot. The best part, unless you
are a participant it's free.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera