Air America breaking news: "USA to fingerprint ALL visitors !!!"

Old April 3rd, 2004, 10:03 AM
nobody760

Default Air America breaking news: "USA to fingerprint ALL visitors !!!"

So the message is visiting the USA is more trouble than its worth so I'll go
some place else.

Old April 3rd, 2004, 02:57 PM
Chad Irby

In article ,
"nobody760" wrote:

So the message is visiting the USA is more trouble than its worth so I'll go
some place else.

Yeah, that two minute fingerprinting and photo is *sooo* hard after a
six-hour plane flight...

....and even with that, it's still going to be faster than most customs
checks in 99% of the countries in the world.

cirby at cfl.rr.com

Slam on brakes accordingly.
Old April 3rd, 2004, 03:09 PM
Sjoerd

"Chad Irby" schreef in bericht
. com...
In article ,
"nobody760" wrote:

So the message is visiting the USA is more trouble than its worth so

I'll go
some place else.

Yeah, that two minute fingerprinting and photo is *sooo* hard after a
six-hour plane flight...

...and even with that, it's still going to be faster than most customs
checks in 99% of the countries in the world.

That's not true. US immigration queues are amongst the longest in the world.

Sjoerd

Old April 3rd, 2004, 03:13 PM
Marie Lewis

"Chad Irby" wrote in message
. com...
In article ,
"nobody760" wrote:

So the message is visiting the USA is more trouble than its worth so

I'll go
some place else.

Yeah, that two minute fingerprinting and photo is *sooo* hard after a
six-hour plane flight...

...and even with that, it's still going to be faster than most customs
checks in 99% of the countries in the world.

You know this as a fact, do you?

Please note that we all have the rest of the world to visit. Why visit a
country which treats us as criminals?

Old April 3rd, 2004, 03:30 PM
AJC

On Sat, 03 Apr 2004 13:57:38 GMT, Chad Irby wrote:

In article ,
"nobody760" wrote:

So the message is visiting the USA is more trouble than its worth so I'll go
some place else.

Yeah, that two minute fingerprinting and photo is *sooo* hard after a
six-hour plane flight...

...and even with that, it's still going to be faster than most customs
checks in 99% of the countries in the world.

You don't get out very much do you?
--==++AJC++==--
Old April 3rd, 2004, 03:38 PM
Lennart Petersen

"Chad Irby" skrev i meddelandet
. com...
In article ,
"nobody760" wrote:

So the message is visiting the USA is more trouble than its worth so

I'll go
some place else.

Yeah, that two minute fingerprinting and photo is *sooo* hard after a
six-hour plane flight...

...and even with that, it's still going to be faster than most customs
checks in 99% of the countries in the world.

99% ? Interesting. I transferred recently in 6 minutes from International
to domestic including security check. Was in Sandefjord Norway.
How many transfers international-domestic are done in less 6 minutes in U.S
?

Old April 3rd, 2004, 03:44 PM
Sjoerd

"Lennart Petersen" schreef in bericht
99% ? Interesting. I transferred recently in 6 minutes from

International
to domestic including security check. Was in Sandefjord Norway.
How many transfers international-domestic are done in less 6 minutes in

U.S

In the last two weeks I entered:

Hong Kong wait at immigration about 2 minutes
Vietnam wait at immigration about 1 minute
Thailand wait at immigration about 3 minutes
Malaysia wait at immigration about 10 minutes
Vietnam wait at immigration about 10 minutes
Hong Kong wait at immigration about 1 minute
Mongolia got a visa on arrival which had to be processed wait at immigration
about 25 minutes
China wait at immigration about 5 minutes

My trips to the US wait at immigration has never been less than 10 minutes
and several times an hour or more.

Sjoerd

Old April 3rd, 2004, 04:08 PM
Pete

...and even with that, it's still going to be faster than most customs
checks in 99% of the countries in the world.

When I arrive at JFK, I often wait 10-30 minutes in line, and I am a
USA citizen. The other lines are worse, and this is without the finger-
printing and photographing. I contrast that to countries like Finland,
Sweden, Austria, and Switzerland, where I breeze by passport control
hardly slowing down. I am sure this is the same for Denmark, Norway,
Iceland, and many other European countries. Your 99% must exclude
Europe, right?

Pete

Old April 3rd, 2004, 04:42 PM
AJC

On Sat, 03 Apr 2004 15:08:54 GMT, "Pete"
wrote:

...and even with that, it's still going to be faster than most customs
checks in 99% of the countries in the world.

When I arrive at JFK, I often wait 10-30 minutes in line, and I am a
USA citizen. The other lines are worse, and this is without the finger-
printing and photographing. I contrast that to countries like Finland,
Sweden, Austria, and Switzerland, where I breeze by passport control
hardly slowing down. I am sure this is the same for Denmark, Norway,
Iceland, and many other European countries. Your 99% must exclude
Europe, right?

His 99% would exclude much of Asia as well. I would imagine it was the
first number that came in to his head rather than based on any actual
experience.
--==++AJC++==--
Old April 3rd, 2004, 05:10 PM
Dick Locke

On Sat, 03 Apr 2004 13:57:38 GMT, Chad Irby wrote:

.and even with that, it's still going to be faster than most customs
checks in 99% of the countries in the world.

Say what? The US is one of a few countries that doesn't allow arriving
passengers to pick a green lane if they have nothing to declare.

Mexico is another exception, but I seen others lately that I can
recall.

Are you perhaps immigration with customs?