driving across the usa - the developments

Old September 24th, 2003, 09:09 PM
rob tyler

Default driving across the usa - the developments

do you know the answer to the question as to whether it will possible, if
luck is with us, to drive from NY to New Oleans in the dead of winter along
the Appalachians - and which route would be the most scenic - i was thinking
of Knoxville, Chattanooga and Birmingham........

Old September 24th, 2003, 09:18 PM
JamesStep

i have been using a Hallwag map of the USA
which has distances between cities

The online map sites like Yahoo Maps and Mapquest will not
only map your route, but will also give you the exact mileage
every step of the way.

(I've heard that the AAA (American Automobile Association)
online maps are the best because they also indicate where
there's road construction, speed traps, and other details that
the other map sites don't get into. But you have to be a member
to access AAA maps, I think.)

James
Remove "NOSPAM" from my address when sending me e-mail.
-
Old September 24th, 2003, 10:26 PM
Miguel Cruz

Go Fig wrote:
Barbara Vaughan wrote:
Go Fig wrote:
What US interstate hwy has a toll ?

I-95 for one.

Barbara

Where ?

How about the Delaware Memorial Bridge?

miguel
Site remodeled 10-Sept-2003: Hundreds of new photos, easier navigation.
Old September 24th, 2003, 10:31 PM
Juliana L Holm

Miguel Cruz wrote:
Go Fig wrote:
Barbara Vaughan wrote:
Go Fig wrote:
What US interstate hwy has a toll ?

I-95 for one.

Barbara

Where ?

How about the Delaware Memorial Bridge?

Actually, the Delaware Memorial Bridge is not Rte 95.

Julie
--
Julie
**********
Old September 24th, 2003, 11:00 PM
rob tyler

"JamesStep" wrote in message
i have been using a Hallwag map of the USA
which has distances between cities

The online map sites like Yahoo Maps and Mapquest will not
only map your route, but will also give you the exact mileage
every step of the way.

(I've heard that the AAA (American Automobile Association)
online maps are the best because they also indicate where
there's road construction, speed traps, and other details that
the other map sites don't get into. But you have to be a member
to access AAA maps, I think.)

James

i've just tried mapquest and am very impressed - that's going to be handy -
dont suppose you have a version of our Multimap that does aerial photos of
areas - that you can view overlayed by a road map as well:
http://www.multimap.com - it only seems to work if you put in a UK town -
for the USA you just get the maps without the aerial photo option....

Old September 25th, 2003, 12:14 AM
Patty Winter

In article ,
rob tyler wrote:

i've just tried mapquest and am very impressed - that's going to be handy -
dont suppose you have a version of our Multimap that does aerial photos of
areas - that you can view overlayed by a road map as well:
http://www.multimap.com - it only seems to work if you put in a UK town -
for the USA you just get the maps without the aerial photo option....

Dunno about overlays, but there are good aerial photos at
www.terraserver.com and www.terraserver-usa.com.

Patty