Capitol Reef - Glen Canyon - Canyonlands - Arches - Monument Valley - Grand Canyon - Nataral Bridges

Old April 4th, 2004, 12:03 PM
Christian Nielsen

Default Capitol Reef - Glen Canyon - Canyonlands - Arches - Monument Valley - Grand Canyon - Nataral Bridges

Hello!

We (3 adults) are gonna spend a week in Utah & Arizon (2nd week of june)
Question is........What to see?
I have listet some places here, but since we only have 7 days, we might have
to skip some of the places, and maybe add another one.
- Grand Canyon, Zion are a MUST see !

Do you have any suggestions on this matter?

Thanks!
/Christian

Old April 4th, 2004, 01:11 PM
Canada Jane

Originally posted by Christian Nielsen
Hello!

We

(3 adults) are gonna spend a week in Utah & Arizon (2nd week of june)

Question is........What to see?
I have listet some places here, but

since we only have 7 days, we might have
to skip some of the places,

and maybe add another one.
- Grand Canyon, Zion are a MUST see !

Do you have any suggestions on this matter?

Thanks!
/Christian

I would add Bryce Canyon. We went last year and it is simply
stunning. Well worth the visit and it is quite close to Zion. We had
accomodation in Springfield, entrance to Zion, travelled to Bryce,
walked miles there and then back to hotel easily in a day.

I personally
found Bryce to be even more breathtaking than the Grand Canyon. The
Canyon has the wow factor for size, but Bryce for sheer stunning beauty.

As you also mention Zion is a must see too.

Jane

Old April 4th, 2004, 01:51 PM
MLL

"Christian Nielsen" wrote in message
. ..
Hello!

We (3 adults) are gonna spend a week in Utah & Arizon (2nd week of june)
Question is........What to see?
I have listet some places here, but since we only have 7 days, we might

have
to skip some of the places, and maybe add another one.
- Grand Canyon, Zion are a MUST see !

Do you have any suggestions on this matter?

Thanks!
/Christian

Make sure you buy a big cooler and fill it with ice and drinks. You'll thank
me later.

If you're just beginning to plan, you will have a very difficult time
getting accommodations in the parks. That will affect where you go and what
you do with your limited time.

Old April 4th, 2004, 03:41 PM
Lorena

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhgggggggggggggggggggggggg
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
. ..

Old April 4th, 2004, 05:26 PM
metchikabool

Christian

Theree is often a temptation to try to see as many of the famous
places in this area as possible on one's visit, but a week is barely
enough time to see and explore all you have listed,.

On the other hand, there is certainly nothing wrong with turning your
journey into one big road trip, and I can't think of a better place to
do it. All of these places are connected with roads that pass through
beautiful scenery. If you are determined to see all of these places,
i will be happy to suggest both an itinerary and a list of lodgings.
Let me know, and I will contact you off list

Old April 4th, 2004, 06:41 PM
claudel

wrote:

Hello!

We (3 adults) are gonna spend a week in Utah & Arizon (2nd week of june)
Question is........What to see?
I have listet some places here, but since we only have 7 days, we might have
to skip some of the places, and maybe add another one.
- Grand Canyon, Zion are a MUST see !

Do you have any suggestions on this matter?

Thanks!
/Christian

Hi

I was thru the area last December and would have to
suggest that you definately include Capitol Reef and
Monument Valley. It's a long drive, but worth it.
I doubt if there were more than 10 other cars
in Capitol Reef when I was there.

Also consider a loop thru "Valley of the Gods" in
SE Utah on the way to Monument Valley. It's a
relatively short detour through some great scenery.

Not to say that the entire area doesn't consist of great scenery

Enjoy your trip

Claude
Old April 4th, 2004, 06:53 PM
metchikabool

As I said, it's hard to know where to "draw the line". As long as
you're going to Capitol Reef, Monument Valley, Valley of the Gods,
etc, you may as well also check out Betahkin, Navajo NM, and Antelope
Canyon. That way, you can make a big circle route.

Seriously, if you were going to try to eliminate anything from your
itinerary, I'd recommend Arches; not becausee it isn't beautiful, but
because it's the most out-of-the-way from your itinerary.

On Sun, 04 Apr 2004 17:41:04 GMT, (claudel)

Old April 4th, 2004, 08:54 PM
carrollviera

You might consider Mesa Verde. If you're camping, you should easily be
able to get a site, and it's not a difficult drive from the Grand
Canyon. On lodging at the G.C., you can often get a room if you phone
early in the morning on the day of your arrival; no-shows held by a
credit card the night before are released early.
Old April 4th, 2004, 09:17 PM
Christian Nielsen

:-) Would like a month...............but NO chance!
All I have is one week
/Christian

"Don Howe" skrev i en meddelelse
First job? ---- Work on getting a second week!