Practical advice...

Old December 31st, 2003, 04:01 AM
Ali's Daddie

Default Practical advice...

I have no idea what to do with my belongings when I am ashore.

When we go snorkeling. What do we do with our stuff? Wallet, ship ID cards,
glasses, money, keys, etc...

Assuming we went somewhere like, say, Chanunkaaub to snorkel. Do they have
lockers?

I know I am way ahead of myself since I won't be cruising til April. But I
guess I have a touch of obsession lol. I am trying to make this a perfect
first cruise, and little things like this will help me do that.

I am assuming that land based excursions like Tulum it's ok to bring a
backpack.

Any tips on this kinda stuff would be great.

--
LES!

To send me an email, please remove Your Hat
YourHatDaddie @ bonbon.net

Old December 31st, 2003, 12:41 PM
Pete

Chanunkaaub if I remember right does have lockers you can rent, what we
normally do is get one of the air tight plastic containers that goes around
your neck, in that we put our cruise card, cash, credit card etc and off we
go, I just leave my glasses in my bag.

Do remember, you dont want to bring everything off the ship with you, if you
are renting a car in cozumel then of course bring your license.

Someone can correct me on this but we went to the ruins in Cozumel, there
was an additional fee for movie cameras so be careful on that one.

Bottom line, is if it is just the wife and I going, pretty much the
valuables that we need for the day will fit in one of thoese containers, you
can also get water proof fanny packs that work out fine as well

Regards

Pete

Old December 31st, 2003, 02:36 PM
Deb Vitous

Hello. I bought a "wrist wallet" for my ID, money, credit card. (I)Won't
need keys. Here is a link to the store I bought it from - luckily I didn't
have to go the mail order route as there is a store in my town. The wrist
wallet stays closed w/ velcro and inside has 2 ziplock baggies so it is (or
should be - havent used mine yet) waterfroof! www.kiefer.com
Yes Chanunkaaub has lockers.

10 days and counting!!

.. .

Old December 31st, 2003, 03:55 PM
Pea

Most locations do not have lockers. Find yourself a nice "water
wallet". A plastic container that is waterproof that you can put your
"valuables" like cruise card, credit card, cash, etc in. My sister
even has one that will fit her cigarettes. I tend to use mine all
around the ship and on any excursion, so I don't have to carry a purse
or fanny-pack. I've had mine for almost 10 years and it's still
working great. They are available at many sporting goods locations and
also, usually in the sundries shop on the ship (at least on the Grand
Princess).

Cameras, glasses, etc are another story. When I am in those
locations, I many times take a disposable camera. Last year I did
take my regular camera (not very expensive, but I still love it).
With my glasses, I normally carry a zip-lock bag and place them inside
a zip pocket of my beach bag. Also, it's a good idea to keep your
camera in a ziplock bag while at the beach. Sand in the mechanisms
can really screw up a good camera. I've never had anything stolen,
but I have known people that have. Unfortunately, unless you leave
someone in your group to watch the stuff, this is always a possiblity.

To help avoid having your belongings stolen, sit away from any
shrubbery where a thief might hide and retreat to easily.

Pea