life in Singapore

Old November 13th, 2004, 05:35 PM

Default life in Singapore

Guys I got a question. My wife is suggesting that we move to
Singapore. She is from the Philippines and she took a 4 day trip to
Singapore with her mom. She is a city girl and she likes it there. Said
the people are nice. I asked,,,,is that the only reason you like it?
She said yes because how many cities do you know where there are nice
people. She wanted to know how can you move there. We are in Florida.

Can anyone respond to this inquiry? I dont plan to move there at all
but I want some ammuntion to present to her as to why we should not
move there.

John in FL

http://community.webtv.net/FLknight/me

Old November 13th, 2004, 07:13 PM
Miguel Cruz

Guys I got a question. My wife is suggesting that we move to
Singapore. She is from the Philippines and she took a 4 day trip to
Singapore with her mom. She is a city girl and she likes it there. Said
the people are nice. I asked,,,,is that the only reason you like it?
She said yes because how many cities do you know where there are nice
people. She wanted to know how can you move there. We are in Florida.

Can anyone respond to this inquiry? I dont plan to move there at all
but I want some ammuntion to present to her as to why we should not
move there.

I cannot imagine a reason not to move from Florida to Singapore, to be
honest. You'd have a much better life in Singapore.

miguel
--
Hit The Road! Photos from 32 countries on 5 continents: http://travel.u.nu
Old November 13th, 2004, 10:12 PM
Alfred Molon

In article , Miguel Cruz says...

I cannot imagine a reason not to move from Florida to Singapore, to be
honest. You'd have a much better life in Singapore.

How easy is it to find a job in Singapore ? It obviously depends on your
skills and qualifications, but the last I heard was that it has become
very difficult to get an expat contract, because of the economic
situation and because there is a pool of increasingly qualified locals,
so the extra expense of hiring an expat is less and less justified.
--

Alfred Molon

http://www.molon.de/Galleries.htm - Photos from Myanmar, Brunei,
Malaysia, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Nepal, Egypt, Germany, Austria,
Prague, Budapest and Portugal
Old November 13th, 2004, 11:51 PM
Alfred Molon

In article , novita77
says...

I am just wondering do u want to work in Singapore Alfred?

That could be an option, for some time. My wife is Malaysian.

Old November 14th, 2004, 12:09 AM
Neil Raines

Jobs are hard to find, and you will almost always have to work for local
salaries, which are not high. Cars are very expensive, and so is alcohol of
any kind. The taxes are low.

The people are very nice. A couple of months ago I spent 4 days in a
Singapore hospital, and the visitors to the other patients in my ward were
very friendly, and happy to chat.

Old November 14th, 2004, 03:01 AM
Tchiowa

(Miguel Cruz) wrote in message ...
wrote:
Guys I got a question. My wife is suggesting that we move to
Singapore. She is from the Philippines and she took a 4 day trip to
Singapore with her mom. She is a city girl and she likes it there. Said
the people are nice. I asked,,,,is that the only reason you like it?
She said yes because how many cities do you know where there are nice
people. She wanted to know how can you move there. We are in Florida.

Can anyone respond to this inquiry? I dont plan to move there at all
but I want some ammuntion to present to her as to why we should not
move there.

I cannot imagine a reason not to move from Florida to Singapore, to be
honest. You'd have a much better life in Singapore.

I couldn't disagree more. The standard of living is much higher in
Florida than Singapore. People don't have to pay half a million
dollars to live in a 500 square foot "people warehouse" in Florida
like they do in Sinagpore. You don't run out of things to do in a week
in Florida like you do in Singapore. The laws are not nearly as
oppressive in Florida as they are in Singapore. You don't have the son
of the President taking over Florida like you do in Singapore (you get
his brother instead). :-)

Now to answer the original question, if the guy doesn't want to move
to Singapore but his wife does, he needs to sort out between them what
to do. Not to search on the web for excuses to use. Some people
actually *DO* like Singapore (though for the life of me I don't
understand why).