French vote NO on European Constitution

Old May 29th, 2005, 09:03 PM
Mxsmanic

Default French vote NO on European Constitution

The French have voted against the European Constitution by a very large
majority.

Old May 29th, 2005, 09:07 PM
chancellor of the duchy of besses o' th' barn and

Mxsmanic wrote:

The French have voted against the European Constitution by a very large
majority.

Yes- this is all going to be interesting I think- though I suppose the
result was no big surprise.

--
David Horne- www.davidhorne.net

Old May 29th, 2005, 09:09 PM
Earl Evleth

On 29/05/05 22:07, in article
1gxcda5.1a1mct215octc3N%this_address_is_for_spam@y ahoo.com, "chancellor of
the duchy of besses o' th' barn and prestwich tesco"
wrote:

Yes- this is all going to be interesting I think- though I suppose the
result was no big surprise.

The big turn out is the only item of news.

Now it is time for Chirac to resign.

Old May 29th, 2005, 09:17 PM
JohnT

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
The French have voted against the European Constitution by a very large
majority.

You are referring to Exit Polls which may, or may not, be accurate.

JohnT.

Old May 29th, 2005, 09:19 PM
Mxsmanic

writes:

Yes- this is all going to be interesting I think- though I suppose the
result was no big surprise.

Nothing much will change. The status quo is maintained.

I read the proposed consitution, and I would have voted against it as
well. It has a number of glaring defects.

Old May 29th, 2005, 09:20 PM

JohnT wrote:

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
The French have voted against the European Constitution by a very large
majority.

You are referring to Exit Polls which may, or may not, be accurate.

Nowadays, I think you can safely say it will be accurate enough, given
the percentages. The exit poll the BBC reported on just after the UK
polls closed for the recent general election here were very accurate, as
it turned out.

--
David Horne- www.davidhorne.net