Opening hours pubs in Paris

Old June 9th, 2005, 02:56 PM
JohnT

"Tim Challenger" wrote in message
news:1118299089.d1c022904e284475045f78a08a59ba03@t eranews...
On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 08:21:49 +0200, Earl Evleth wrote:

There are no restrictions on opening hours for pubs in Paris. Some are
open all night, or 24 hours a day.

What's the difference?

The difference is that most are not open 24 hours/day. If you are on
jet lag from North American and go out at 5 AM to eat breakfast you will
find it hard to find a café open. Our nearest starts getting the tables
outside around 7, ....

But this is neither a 24 hour place nor an all-nighter.

--

I remember not too long ago a Coffee Shop in one of the hotels on
Southampton Row in London which proclaimed "Open 24 hours". I went to it at

JohnT

Old June 9th, 2005, 07:08 PM
Frank F. Matthews

Martin wrote:

On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 05:33:31 +0200, Mxsmanic
wrote:

Martin writes:

There are no restrictions on opening hours for pubs in Paris. Some are
open all night, or 24 hours a day.

What's the difference?

There is a daylight period during each period of 24 hours at the
latitude of Paris, so 24 hours is longer than "all night."

So the all night pubs are only open when it's dark?

No. Mixi's point is that there is a difference between all night and 24
hours. Technically correct but useless.