What food do you think of when you think of Beijing?

Old January 13th, 2006, 10:25 AM posted to soc.culture.china,rec.travel.asia

Default What food do you think of when you think of Beijing?

your argument has no meaning because the word "morality" has no
meaning.
Immortality is always a subjective concept. we can eat humans too, and
nobody can prove that is immoral. In fact, nobody can prove
"scientifically" that murder is immoral. Thus, your argument proves
nothing.

Old January 13th, 2006, 11:24 AM posted to soc.culture.china,rec.travel.asia

"PeterL" wrote in news:1137087121.487957.183970
@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

From: "PeterL"
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china,rec.travel.asia

mark wrote:
"Nick Chan" wrote in news:1137035875.872095.316800
@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

From: "Nick Chan"
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china,rec.travel.asia

seems that HK or KL's peking duck is better

Chou Doffu (the most awful smelling food I've ever encountered).

The word "chou" should give you a clue. It means "smells bad".

I know - I do speak a reasonable amount of Mandarin
Old January 13th, 2006, 01:44 PM posted to soc.culture.china,rec.travel.asia

Beijing Duck of course!

From: "Nick Chan"
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china,rec.travel.asia

seems that HK or KL's peking duck is better

Chou Doffu (the most awful smelling food I've ever encountered).

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Old January 13th, 2006, 06:15 PM posted to soc.culture.china,rec.travel.asia

Ira Humperdink MD wrote:
your argument has no meaning because the word "morality" has no
meaning.

Sure it does. You can look it up in a dictionary.

Immortality is always a subjective concept.

No it's not. When you die it's not subjective. Or do you mean
"immorality"?

we can eat humans too, and
nobody can prove that is immoral. In fact, nobody can prove
"scientifically" that murder is immoral.

The concept of morality is not a scientific concept. Of course one
cannot "prove" it scientifically.

Thus, your argument proves
nothing.

What this discussion proves is that you are stupid.

Old January 16th, 2006, 03:27 AM posted to soc.culture.china,rec.travel.asia

Other than Beijing Duck, I think of Jiaozi next, and then the
wonderful pickles I had there. And then there's that flatbread that
people (used to??) make in hutong (are there any left?).

Beijing food is delicious, and the officials have nothing to worry
about on that score. What they should do, instead, is improve the
water supply and enforce tough emissions standards for motor vehicles.
Beijing has a major problem with air pollution from the automobiles
that clog its roads.

Michael

If you would like to send a private email to me, please take out the NOTRASH. Please do not email me something which you also posted.
Old January 16th, 2006, 03:28 AM posted to soc.culture.china,rec.travel.asia

On 11 Jan 2006 19:17:55 -0800, "Nick Chan"
wrote:

seems that HK or KL's peking duck is better

I love the Chinese food in both of those cities, but I seriously doubt
that the Beijing duck is better outside of Beijing.

Old January 16th, 2006, 04:37 AM posted to soc.culture.china,rec.travel.asia

I have visited Beijing 4 times, and since I love eating, I have tasted
most of what is available (within reason). I find that the wrappings for the
Peking duck there are too thick. Really. There is one particular Chinese
restaurant here in Copenhagen, The Chinese Tower in Tivoli, that makes the
wrappings very thin, and since the duck and ingredients are in par, I must
admit that I prefer it to the ones I have tasted in Beijing.
J.

Old January 16th, 2006, 06:45 AM posted to soc.culture.china,rec.travel.asia

i like the chinese soda pop they sell in beijing. somebody at the
factory must **** or spit in the bottles to make them that good.

Old January 16th, 2006, 06:46 AM posted to soc.culture.china,rec.travel.asia

mr. venning,
what is a chinese man doing in copenhagen?! And why do you adopt a
dutch sounding ID?

Old January 16th, 2006, 07:36 AM posted to soc.culture.china,rec.travel.asia

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 04:37:41 +0100, "J.Venning"
wrote:

I have visited Beijing 4 times, and since I love eating, I have tasted
most of what is available (within reason). I find that the wrappings for the
Peking duck there are too thick. Really. There is one particular Chinese
restaurant here in Copenhagen, The Chinese Tower in Tivoli, that makes the
wrappings very thin, and since the duck and ingredients are in par, I must
admit that I prefer it to the ones I have tasted in Beijing.
J.

That might have to do with where you've had your duck in Beijing, but
more likely, what you think is "too thick."