What is the best way to experience a European vacation?

Old April 13th, 2004, 12:17 AM
Tom & Linda

Default What is the best way to experience a European vacation?

To me it boils down to a few points.

A cruise is a very easy way (nearly seamless) of getting to different places
within Europe. You'll get a full variety of places. It's very Stress
Free... if that's important.

A land vacation that visits a few places means that you have to schlep your
stuff around - a hassle.

The disadvantage of a cruise is that you don't see a lot of any one place.
The advantage is that you see more places. But if you want to spend time in
a city (like Paris or London) you'll need to get a hotel there for a few
days.

One recommendation. Why not do both? Find a cruise like the 10 night
sailing that we're doing out of Rome. We fly into Rome and then by ship we
visit Naples, Mykonos and Santorini in the Greek Isles, Malta, Barcelona,
Monte Carlo, and back to Rome. Celebrity Galaxy. Then give yourself a week
in Rome to see that city and Florence. Maybe catch a train up to Venice.

A second recommendation. Northern Europe. Either Scandinavia and Russia by
cruise ship, or the British Isles and Norwegian Fjords by cruise ship.

If you want land, the first 3 biggies in Europe are usually London, Paris
and Rome. Other favorite places include the Swiss/French/German Alps,
Prague, Vienna, Brussels, Munich (Oktoberfest), St. Andrews (in Scotland if
you golf).

I think you need to figure out what kinds of things you want to do in
Europe.

Also, this summer is the Olympics in Greece. That should cause a few travel
issues if you're in that vicinity.

--Tom

"John Navas" wrote in message
om...
Price is no object. Would a cruise be more relaxing or should I fly? I
have roughly 17 days free.

Old April 13th, 2004, 12:22 AM
Frank ess

Tom & Linda wrote:
[...]

Whirrr. Click. Click. Click.

Nothing personal. You've been ignored by the
Ignore-Repliers-to-Trolls-and-Other-Miscreants and
Cross-Posters-With-Negative-IQs Robot.

Sorry.

--
Robignorator