'All Seasons Travel and Resorts' - a scam?

Old April 27th, 2004, 03:02 PM
jineroo

Default 'All Seasons Travel and Resorts' - a scam?

...and yet they still continue.
We too received exactly the same call today (27/4/04) with exactly the
same sales pitch! They were sooooo persistent and wanted our credit card
details soooooo bad! We insisted that they send us an email with all the
details or fax us the forms to fill in rather than a transaction over the
phone. Of course this was not possible - they use a....wait for
it...voice recognition system to validate the authorisation!!!! They are a
travel company(??) that can afford a voice-recognition system but cannot
afford to implement a secure payment link on their website...hmmm find
that hard to believe!

If we did not commit to the holiday there and then, then the deal was off
and we would have to pay full price....sure thing!! We then checked out
their website and I was amazed how little information was available - do a
search on the Company in small print at the bottom of the home page and
coincidentally you'll be directed to another page that looks remarkably
similar in design to the aseasons home page...they may also have changed
their links over a period of time.
This appears to be a scam of the highest magnitude and if any of you good,
honest U.S people are tuned in then please report them to whatever
authority is responsible for policing scam companies.

Never, never, never under any circumstances part with your financial
credentials over the phone to an unknown entity no matter how good the
deal sounds (especially if it sounds too good to be true- it inevitably
will be) and especially from a company(??) that refuses to validate their
company profile, nor offer you alternative payment arrangements, or are so
persistent/desperate to get your details and further, rudely refuse your
right to query their legitimacy!
I took heart knowing that it must have cost them an arm and a leg
communicating to our mobile phone for a period of an hour or so!!

Old July 30th, 2004, 06:50 AM
Anonymous

[...]

--multiplaza.nl.nu--

Old January 6th, 2005, 05:06 AM

I received a similar phone call tonight from All Seasons Travel and
Resorts saying that I won the vacation by filling a form at the "First
Night, Vancouver" New Year celebration. The guy told me that the retail
price of the vacation is $3800US and told me that I had to pay
something around $700US right now in order to get the deal. He gave me
a long introduction to the great vacation package I supposedly won. He
also used some marketing trick like telling me that my ticket is
already being printed and put into envelope to mail it to me.

I asked him to mail or email me the details of the deal so I could
think it over. He told me that it would be to expensive to do
Finally, he gave me a website address, http://www.aseasonstravel.com ,
and promised to call tomorrow.

After reading the newsgroups I finally decided to believe it's a scam
and ignore them. I'm still surprised, though, because the "First Night"
is city (Vancouver, BC) organised event and they actually sold tickets
($10-$15) for it. Why would they give the door prize filled form to a
scam company like that...?
Mike
PS. The phone call was from 416 921 3933 number.