airport security waste of money

Old August 10th, 2007, 08:14 AM posted to rec.travel.air
JA_MORAN

Default airport security waste of money

airport security as it is now is a big waste of money...

you have people who are inconsiderate, poorly trained, have poor work
ethic and don't care. they need to keep in mind that they are dealing
with people not objects.

InVision, General Electric and other companies that make security
equipment are making out like bandits while the taxpayer, as always is
getting taken to hte cleaners...

I wonder who got paid how much cash to make things like they are now...

makes no sense, costs too much, big waste of time and money

I know people who have had items in carryon bags that should have been
found but did not get so on several occasions... in htis case it was a
waste of time and money.
Old August 10th, 2007, 01:37 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Jim Davis[_1_]

On Aug 10, 2:14 am, JA_MORAN wrote:
airport security as it is now is a big waste of money...

you have people who are inconsiderate, poorly trained, have poor work
ethic and don't care. they need to keep in mind that they are dealing
with people not objects.

InVision, General Electric and other companies that make security
equipment are making out like bandits while the taxpayer, as always is
getting taken to hte cleaners...

I wonder who got paid how much cash to make things like they are now...

makes no sense, costs too much, big waste of time and money

I know people who have had items in carryon bags that should have been
found but did not get so on several occasions... in htis case it was a
waste of time and money.

So far there have been no successiful terrorist acts. If a terrorist
gets past the TSA and is successiful, we can all raise hell. Until
then, you have nothing solid to complain about.

Old August 10th, 2007, 03:08 PM posted to rec.travel.air
ant[_26_]

JA_MORAN wrote:
airport security as it is now is a big waste of money...

you have people who are inconsiderate, poorly trained, have poor work
ethic and don't care. they need to keep in mind that they are dealing
with people not objects.

Hey, you pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

The rest of the world worked that out decades ago.

ant
Don't try to reply to my email addy:
I'm borrowing that of the latest
scammer/spammer

Old August 10th, 2007, 06:10 PM posted to rec.travel.air
[email protected]

On Aug 10, 9:37 am, John wrote:
Refresh our memory.

How many terrorist acts did TSA stop?

You can thank them for successfully protecting us from the sight of
the topless French woman who had to remove her bra to get through the
metal detector in Fort Wayne, Indiana.

However, TSA also gets the credit for setting fire to the San Diego
airport with all of those confiscated cigarette lighters.

Old August 10th, 2007, 10:37 PM posted to rec.travel.air
(PeteCresswell)

Per Jim Davis:
So far there have been no successiful terrorist acts. If a terrorist
gets past the TSA and is successiful, we can all raise hell. Until
then, you have nothing solid to complain about.

I haven't got so much as a clue about TSA and/or it's
effectiveness.

Having said that...
A guy is sitting on a bench somewhere in Manhattan,
blowing this whistle every few minutes.

Passerby asks him why.

He says "To keep the wild elephants away".

Passerby observes "The closest wild elephants are
in Africa, thousands of miles away."

Guy on the bench says "See... it works, doesn't it?"
PeteCresswell
Old August 11th, 2007, 05:31 AM posted to rec.travel.air
kjw

On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 17:37:14 -0400, "(PeteCresswell)"
wrote:

Per Jim Davis:
So far there have been no successiful terrorist acts. If a terrorist
gets past the TSA and is successiful, we can all raise hell. Until
then, you have nothing solid to complain about.

And there weren't any in the years leading up to 9/11, either. So
what?

Old August 11th, 2007, 05:33 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Jim Davis[_1_]

On Aug 10, 11:37 am, John wrote:
On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 12:37:40 -0000, Jim Davis
wrote:

[...]

How many terrorist acts did TSA stop?- Hide quoted text -

That's really unknown. How many got through? I'm not a fan of TSA
either, but you can't blame them for losing the game before they drop
the ball.

Old August 11th, 2007, 05:56 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Jim Davis[_1_]

On Aug 10, 11:31 pm, kjw wrote:
On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 17:37:14 -0400, "(PeteCresswell)"
wrote:

Per Jim Davis:
So far there have been no successiful terrorist acts. If a terrorist
gets past the TSA and is successiful, we can all raise hell. Until
then, you have nothing solid to complain about.

And there weren't any in the years leading up to 9/11, either. So
what?

Are you saying that you would like airport security to stay as it was
on 9/10?

Old August 11th, 2007, 08:08 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Marty Shapiro

kjw wrote in :

On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 17:37:14 -0400, "(PeteCresswell)"
wrote:

Per Jim Davis:
So far there have been no successiful terrorist acts. If a terrorist
gets past the TSA and is successiful, we can all raise hell. Until
then, you have nothing solid to complain about.

And there weren't any in the years leading up to 9/11, either. So
what?

Really? You mean the 3 airliners (747, 707, VC-10) hijacked and blown
up in 1970 wasn't an act of terror? The hijacking of the TWA 727 where one
of the passengers, a U.S. Navy sailor, was shot wasn't an act of terror?
How about the bomb planted on the Pan Am 747 which blew up over Lockerbie,
Scotland? That wasn't terror either?

--
Marty Shapiro
Silicon Rallye Inc.

(remove SPAMNOT to email me)
Old August 11th, 2007, 03:37 PM posted to rec.travel.air
kjw

On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 04:56:40 -0000, Jim Davis
wrote:

On Aug 10, 11:31 pm, kjw wrote:
On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 17:37:14 -0400, "(PeteCresswell)"
wrote:

Per Jim Davis:
So far there have been no successiful terrorist acts. If a terrorist
gets past the TSA and is successiful, we can all raise hell. Until
then, you have nothing solid to complain about.

And there weren't any in the years leading up to 9/11, either. So
what?

Are you saying that you would like airport security to stay as it was
on 9/10?

I never suggested any such thing. What I'm saying is that past
history has nothing to do with future events. If you're comfortable
with the job TSA is doing, good for you. From you comments, you seem
to be okay with waiting until another terrorist act occurs before
demanding improvements to airport security. Personally, I think that
they should be doing more than asking people to take their shoes off.

I went through security recently with a test panel that must have
looked pretty suspicious. The secondary screener asked me what it was
and after arguing with her that she shouldn't be relying on a
passenger's answer, I told her it was a diffibrulating oscillator (no
such thing). She put it back and handed it to me without every
swabbing it down. They didn't even give it a second glance on the
return trip.

Another time, I overhead a conversation between TSA and a passenger in
which the TSA person told her that the employee training was less than
a week. This doesn't exactly instill much confidence.