Tasers NEVER killed Anyone

Old November 24th, 2007, 06:44 PM posted to van.general,can.general,bc.general,rec.travel.usa-canada
Dave Smith[_2_]

Default Tasers NEVER killed Anyone

TopPoster wrote:

That is to become a citizen, you can live in Canada as a landed immigrant
speaking whatever language you like

That's true. A lot of people seem to think that we should accommodate
immigrants, and I agree to some extent. I don't think that it is asking too
much to have them learn enough English to find their way through an
airport.
Old November 24th, 2007, 07:26 PM posted to van.general,can.general,bc.general,rec.travel.usa-canada
downtown Jack

"Dave Smith" wrote in message

TopPoster wrote:

That is to become a citizen, you can live in Canada as a landed immigrant
speaking whatever language you like

That's true. A lot of people seem to think that we should accommodate
immigrants, and I agree to some extent. I don't think that it is asking
too
much to have them learn enough English to find their way through an
airport.

You know, all kidding aside, I absolutely agree with you on this. I
strongly fault Mr Dziekanski for not learning even basic English before
moving here.

Maybe there are exceptions to be made with refugees, but I don't believe
someone who doesn't speak English well (in BC, at least) can properly
function and contribute to society.

Old November 24th, 2007, 09:49 PM posted to van.general,can.general,bc.general,rec.travel.usa-canada
Greg Carr

"Dave Smith" wrote in message
Greg Carr wrote:

No it isn't a requirement to be a citizen to know either of the official
languages. I think it should be but it isn't and why the deceased failed
learn English in the yrs before he came here is beyond me. If you have a
cite that shows different post it.

You're amazing. I thought that it was a requirement, and when you disputed
it, I looked it up. I even told you that it was in the Citizenship Act.

And you are too incompetnet to post the cite or are lying.

But you don't think it is, so rather than take a few seconds to look it up
yourself, you simply dispute it. And you want a cite

Correct.

Try Google and the key words Canada citizenship language requirement ...

http://www.google.ca/webhp?hl=en

I don't think so.

It is a requirement under the Citizenship Act that a person have an
adequate knowledge of on of the two official languages.

I notice you failed to type "one" correctly. What an idiot.

Wow.... look at that. I had said that it is in the Citizenship Act...
You don't even know a cite when you see one.

Whatever. You a liar and an idiot.

And you think you are bright enough and well enough informed to debate
issues?

Not going to with you. Kf.

Old November 24th, 2007, 09:50 PM posted to van.general,can.general,bc.general,rec.travel.usa-canada
Greg Carr

The Lower Mainland is full of ppl who speak neither official language which
anyone who lives here can attest to. Congrats for not getting kill-filed
yet.

--
Read and obey the Bible. Yu'shua died on the cross for our sins, He rose
again and walked the earth. We are awaiting the Third Coming aka The Day Of

Sheep are extremely fluffy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4NEbU_YkZw#gAhmzK_HQgc

"TopPoster" wrote in message
That is to become a citizen, you can live in Canada as a landed immigrant
speaking whatever language you like

--
Socrates taught his students that the pursuit of truth can only begin once
they start to question and analyze every belief that they ever held dear.

Old November 25th, 2007, 04:58 AM posted to van.general, can.general, bc.general, rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

On Nov 24, 9:03 am, Dave Smith wrote:
Greg Carr wrote:

No it isn't a requirement to be a citizen to know either of the official
languages. I think it should be but it isn't and why the deceased failed to
learn English in the yrs before he came here is beyond me. If you have a
cite that shows different post it.

You're amazing. I thought that it was a requirement, and when you disputed
it, I looked it up. I even told you that it was in the Citizenship Act.

But you don't think it is, so rather than take a few seconds to look it up
yourself, you simply dispute it. And you want a cite

Try Google and the key words Canada citizenship language requirement ...

http://www.google.ca/webhp?hl=en

It is a requirement under the Citizenship Act that a person have an
adequate knowledge of on of the two official languages.

Wow.... look at that. I had said that it is in the Citizenship Act...
You don't even know a cite when you see one.
And you think you are bright enough and well enough informed to debate
issues?

Yes, but that is about taking CITIZENSHIP, and even that requirement
is gone if you are over 55 when you apply.

The fact is, he was merely landing or exercising his VISA, which seems
pretty clear! The Border entry people really must be looked at even
though they aren't in the video, and the press is, as usual,
irresponsible, as they are not bringing that issue up. He had been IN
CUSTODY for many, MANY hours prior AND someone who spoke Polish WAS
working on the airport. Again, For SHAME.
Old November 25th, 2007, 05:20 AM posted to van.general, can.general, bc.general, rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

It is a requirement under the Citizenship Act that a person have an
adequate knowledge of on of the two official languages.

I am NOT talking about you, Dave; I am talking about the IDIOTS.

They think that they are Lawyers, when they are not. One can safely
come to the world's most ethnically diverse community even YET .. you
don't need to speak English, and certainly not when your mother worked
seven years to buy you a ticket to come and see her!!

People want to see this whole thing with one lens or another. But this
is a MULTIDISCIPLINARY issue . there are many, many factors involved.
Hence a real true inquest, with many point of view being heard,
recommendations made and minority dissenting opinions noted must come
out.

It is THAT important.

Dave, don't let the idiots push you into a box; you're NOT a coroner
and neither are they.

Canada can learn from this - how to train its police forces, how to
treat people coming in (and boy! Does Vancouver need that before
2010!! remember Atlanta and the set up man accused of bombing when he
was TOTALLY innocent??), how to find decent emergency procedures in
place -- all sorts of issues pending in Vancouver particularly could
get a full airing before something even MORE dreadful happens.

There are people who do not intend to let the Olympics go off without
demonstrations unless something is done about several pending issues -
native sovereignty, climate change, poverty, the coming North American
Union, many other things -- and IF Canada cannot take care of
"business" without resorting to weapons of torture, chemical weapons
(pepper spray and worse chemical inhalants), corruption and graft on
the part of its officials, many people are NOT going to come to
Canada. They simply won't. I ain't for "saving the system", but I
think all of this can be used as a very educational force for social
change for citizens and visitors.
Old December 2nd, 2007, 02:37 AM posted to van.general,can.general,bc.general,rec.travel.usa-canada
jazu

protocol in dealing with suspects. It was tasing him twice, and 3
officers
kneeling on his back and neck, not letting him breathe.

Those officers acted exactly as they are trained to.

I wish that some day they will show on you how they are trained.

Old December 3rd, 2007, 07:05 AM posted to van.general,can.general,bc.general,rec.travel.usa-canada
jazu

While he had a stapler he wasn't close enough to strike him with it. They
should have waited a minute or two or until he attacked them.

Of course not.... those helpful witnesses said that the man spoke only
Russian.

What ta **** does it make a difference what language did he speak and what
witnesses have said.
These 4 pigs kilkled innocent scared man.