Eiffel Tower Rest

Old February 23rd, 2004, 12:49 PM
TLS

Default Eiffel Tower Rest

Good day all. We are looking for a menu with prices for the restaurant at
the Eiffel Tower. Their website has little information. Would appreciate
hearing by email from anyone who has dined there.

Thank you in advance.

Terry

Old February 23rd, 2004, 02:41 PM
JamesStep

We are looking for a menu with prices for the
restaurant at the Eiffel Tower.

I don't have it, but be aware that there are *two*
restaurants there -- Altitude 95 (on the first level)
and a more expensive restaurant called The Jules
Verne (on the second level).

James

Remove "NOSPAM" from my address when sending me e-mail.
-
Old February 23rd, 2004, 03:04 PM
Mike O'sullivan

Strictly for tourists. Best avoided. There are many different and excellent
restaurants in Paris.

Old February 23rd, 2004, 03:51 PM
raf

I have not been there (scared of heights, and too $) but I saw a
documentery that the food is made on the ground and brought up the
elevator - so my guess is that your just paying for the view.

Old February 23rd, 2004, 06:38 PM
Tim Kroesen

Google is your friend! (Eiffel Tower+menu)

Jules Verne

Second floor Eiffel Tower
South pillar.
Tel: 01.45.55.61.44 The Jules Verne Restaurant is on the second
platform of the Eiffel Tower. A private elevator (you must have a
reservation to gain access) takes you 123 meters up, where a welcoming
committee will greet you. Although dinner is quite expensive, lunch is a
very good value. There is a lunch menu from Monday to Friday consisting
of three courses for 45 euros and a selection of wines priced under 30
euros.

Le Jules Verne 2nd floor, Eiffel tower, Champ de Mars 75007 Paris.
Ecole militaire. You take the Eiffel tower lift up to the restaurant and
enjoy a breathtaking view. From 45.75 € upwards for lunch during the
week. From 149 € upwards during the rest of the week.

Altitude 1st floor, Eiffel tower, Champ de Mars 75007 Paris. Ecole
militaire. Tel 33 (0)1 45 55 20 04. Fax: 33 (0)1 47 05 94 40. On the
first floor of the Eiffel tower, the Altitude restaurant is
significantly cheaper than the Jules Vernes starting at 46 €. A good
alternative with a breathtaking view on Paris.

http://www.eiffel-tower.com/teiffel/...sto/index.html

http://www.hiptravelguide.com/paris/reviews-33.html

http://www.hiptravelguide.com/paris/reviews-41.html

Tim K

Old February 23rd, 2004, 07:50 PM
JamesStep

the food is made on the ground and brought up the
elevator - so my guess is that your just paying for
the view

I have no idea if the food there is good or bad, but it certainly
woulnd't be unique to the Eiffel Tower to have a kitchen located
some distance from the dining area, and it doesn't necessarily
mean that the food is bad.

This often happens, for example, in large hotels that have
multiple restaurants that are served by one large kitchen
that's elsewhere in the building. It can even happen in royal
palaces in which the kitchen area is some distances from
the fancy room where the dinner parties are held.

Old February 23rd, 2004, 11:00 PM
TLS

Tim,

You da man.........thank you.

Terry
link.net...

Old February 23rd, 2004, 11:44 PM
Mxsmanic

raf writes:

I have not been there (scared of heights, and too $) but I saw a
documentery that the food is made on the ground and brought up the
elevator - so my guess is that your just paying for the view.

The food is actually made in the restaurant, not on the ground. The
special elevator is for guests of the restaurant. (Both of these apply
to the Jules Verne restaurant on the second floor.)