recent Lake Toba experiences?

Old October 23rd, 2003, 12:43 PM
AsiaWanderer

Default recent Lake Toba experiences?

My girlfriend and I plan to visit Lake Toba in early January via
Medan. Has anyone been there recently? Is the area fairly safe? (I`m
an American, though I won`t be advertising the fact). Is it deserted
of travellers?

thanks in advance
Old October 24th, 2003, 12:23 AM
EAC

(AsiaWanderer) wrote in message . com...
My girlfriend and I plan to visit Lake Toba in early January via
Medan. Has anyone been there recently? Is the area fairly safe?

Well... The volcano is relatively quite dormant, so I guess it's
fairly safe. I don't know if it decided awake in the near future
though.

(I`m an American, though I won`t be advertising the fact).

I don't know if Lake Toba has thing against an 'American'. Nor I don't
know if the non-human (non-Adamic) local residents is also have a
thing against an 'American'.

But suffice to say, if you acted nicely, they won't bother you. Don't
bother them, and they won't bother you.

And oh... the Adamic Batak people near Lake Toba is also quite nice.
The way they talk is also quite interesting, one person once said that
Italians are kinda like the Bataks.

Is it deserted of travellers?

Depends on the term of deserted. Due the amount of 'travel warnings',
many places are deserted of travellers, not because they aren't safe,
but because of the 'travel warnings'.

thanks in advance

Well... I heard that Earth is quite safe this time of year, though
there are some local domestic conflicts, so you might want to avoid
Earth entirely. Mars seems to be a good place, and Venus is lovely
this time of year, the Moon is quite cheap too, but the Moonies aren't
adjusted to intrusive guests (just ask Neil Armstrong about his
horrible experiences). Ice skating on Europa is also quite nice.

Get my point?

Just go, and check out for yourself. As for being safe or not. Your
life is in the hand of God, He will take your life when it's time, the
time can't be speed up nor slowed down.

Anyway. As for being 'American'. Sheesh... I mean from this list:

http://travel.state.gov/travel_warnings.html

It's as if MANY of the places in the world aren't safest for the
citizens of the USoA.

You know, with all of the travel warnings that the USoA have been
sending about many countris, you got to wonder if there USoA should be
issued a travel warning by a lot of countries. Don't go to New York,
or else you will be sent raining airplanes. Don't go to Washington, or
else you will be shot by a sniper. Don't go to California, who knows,
maybe the 'Big One' will hit. And so on.

Anwyay. Back to Lake Toba. I don't know the current condition out
there. Though from the ways it looks, the situation there (and also
most of Indonesia) is relatively quite calm,

And should you get any trouble (mugged, hit and run, trouble with
other foreigners, dietary problems, and so on), the locals probably
will be more than willing to help you out should any trouble arise.