Venise en Bed and Breakfast.

Old June 13th, 2005, 04:30 AM
No Spam

"Magda " ? wrote in message
On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 22:09:14 GMT, in rec.travel.europe, Deep Foiled Malls
arranged some electrons, so
they looked like
this :

... I don't like your "explanation", guys. Find something better.
... There is nothing better. This is the usage, and that is English.
... Remember, English is not a language, it's an opinion!

So, my opinion does not count ?

Correct. You don't get it, by choice. Perfectly
good explanations have been given, but you have
decided to be too much of a **** to understand.
Your fault, your problem.

Old June 13th, 2005, 08:00 AM
Terry Richards

"dgs" wrote in message

I think you meant that, with vowels, the tongue and lips are held in
a certain position for the duration of the sound. This isn't so for
consonants, including the "y" in "yes" or "youth."

That is, indeed, what I meant.

T.

Old June 13th, 2005, 09:17 AM
Deep Foiled Malls

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 00:24:48 +0200, Magda ? wrote:

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 22:09:14 GMT, in rec.travel.europe, Deep Foiled Malls
arranged some electrons, so they looked like
this :

... I don't like your "explanation", guys. Find something better.
... There is nothing better. This is the usage, and that is English.
... Remember, English is not a language, it's an opinion!

So, my opinion does not count ?

Sadly, Magda, the opinion of someone English mother tongue is worth
more. Sorry!
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com
Old June 13th, 2005, 09:20 AM
Deep Foiled Malls

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 01:18:59 +0200, Alfred Molon
wrote:

In article , Deep Foiled
Malls says...

Nah, it's an English speakers newsgroups. I don't mind reading the odd
bit of swahili stuff here, but it's 99.5% English, and should be
treated as such.

And "swahili stuff" is insulting.

LOL! Yeah, sure, who is going to feel insulted by that?

Black Africans and Europeans

I very much doubt it. It's a phrase I use often in speech (to mean
anything that's not Anglo) and it has never caused offence.
--
---
Old June 13th, 2005, 01:47 PM
Deep Foiled Malls

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 13:04:46 +0200, Magda ? wrote:

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 08:17:53 GMT, in rec.travel.europe, Deep Foiled Malls
arranged some electrons, so they looked like
this :

... On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 00:24:48 +0200, Magda ? wrote:
... On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 22:09:14 GMT, in rec.travel.europe, Deep Foiled Malls
... arranged some electrons, so they looked like
... this :
... ... I don't like your "explanation", guys. Find something better.
... ...
... ... There is nothing better. This is the usage, and that is English.
... ...
... ... Remember, English is not a language, it's an opinion!
... So, my opinion does not count ?
... Sadly, Magda, the opinion of someone English mother tongue is worth
... more. Sorry!

Will you please say that in proper English?

I could, but there is no such thing.
--
---
Old June 13th, 2005, 02:15 PM
Padraig Breathnach

Magda ? wrote:

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 12:47:36 GMT, in rec.travel.europe, Deep Foiled Malls
arranged some electrons, so they looked like
this :

... On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 13:04:46 +0200, Magda ? wrote:
... On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 08:17:53 GMT, in rec.travel.europe, Deep Foiled Malls
... arranged some electrons, so they looked like
... this :
... ... ... Remember, English is not a language, it's an opinion!
... ...
... ... So, my opinion does not count ?
... ...
... ... Sadly, Magda, the opinion of someone English mother tongue is worth
... ... more. Sorry!
... Will you please say that in proper English?
... I could, but there is no such thing.

Yes, there is. Padraig, over here - tell him what's missing in that sentence.

Two hyphens.

--
PB
The return address has been MUNGED
Old June 13th, 2005, 03:48 PM

Ken Blake wrote:
In
,
Gerrit 't Hart typed:

"algiardino" wrote in message
oups.com...

Le bed and breakfast "Al Giardino" se trouve pr=E8s de Centro
Historique
de Venise, en Italie. Les n=F4tre bed and breakfast il loue des
chambres

And I thought this was an English language newsgroup.

You were wrong. It's an International newsgroup, where all
languages are welcome.

I haven't taken the time to find the founding charter to
the newsgroup, but newsgroups usually have a language
specified. English named groups typically have english
as their designated language.

True, most people here are English-speaking, and your chances of
getting a useful reply to a question are better if you can post
in English. But that's not a requirement, and nobody should be
discouraged from posting in whatever language he can...

Technically they should. It is such a rare occurance,
that it really isn't a bother, but if there was a significant
amount of off language traffic it would have much the
same effect as commercial traffic.

...except for spammers, of course, like this one. Spammers should
be discourged from posting at all. And if they do post, posting
in a language that many people here can't read is the preferred
way to do it.

;-)

Old June 13th, 2005, 03:59 PM
Padraig Breathnach

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 14:15:16 +0100, in rec.travel.europe, Padraig Breathnach

... Magda ? wrote:
... On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 12:47:36 GMT, in rec.travel.europe, Deep Foiled Malls
... arranged some electrons, so they looked like
... this :
... ... On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 13:04:46 +0200, Magda ? wrote:
... ...
... ... On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 08:17:53 GMT, in rec.travel.europe, Deep Foiled Malls
... ... arranged some electrons, so they looked like
... ... this :
... ...
... ... ... ... Remember, English is not a language, it's an opinion!
... ... ...
... ... ... So, my opinion does not count ?
... ... ...
... ... ... Sadly, Magda, the opinion of someone English mother tongue is worth
... ... ... more. Sorry!
... ...
... ... Will you please say that in proper English?
... ...
... ... I could, but there is no such thing.
... Yes, there is. Padraig, over here - tell him what's missing in that sentence.
... Two hyphens.

"Whose" and "is".
Plus a bit of rearranging words around, too.

(Not that he can tell "whose" from "who's", of course... LOL)

When fixing things, change as little as possible. My solution meets
that criterion.

Old June 13th, 2005, 04:39 PM
Ken Blake

In ,
Martin typed:

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 17:20:14 +0200, Magda ? wrote:

... When fixing things, change as little as possible. My
solution
meets ... that criterion.

Mine too.

Then why do you spend your time correcting trivial typos and
grammatical errors?

Especially since she's the person who wrote, in another thread
today, "I *love* the Insight Guides - but I liked their previous
format better, when it had a tad less pictures and much more
information."

That of course should be "fewer pictures," not "less pictures."
People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

--
Ken Blake
Please reply to the newsgroup

Old June 13th, 2005, 05:50 PM
Alfred Molon

In article , Deep Foiled
Malls says...

Nah, it's an English speakers newsgroups. I don't mind reading the odd
bit of swahili stuff here, but it's 99.5% English, and should be
treated as such.

And "swahili stuff" is insulting.

LOL! Yeah, sure, who is going to feel insulted by that?

Black Africans and Europeans

I very much doubt it. It's a phrase I use often in speech (to mean
anything that's not Anglo) and it has never caused offence.

You mean Anglos look down on everybody who is not Anglo ? No wonder
'American' is synomimous with 'monolingual'.
--

Alfred Molon

http://www.molon.de/Galleries.htm - Photos from China, Myanmar, Brunei,
Malaysia, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Nepal, Egypt, Germany, Austria,
Prague, Budapest, Singapore and Portugal