Planes in Europe

Old September 24th, 2008, 01:06 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Janet Wilder

Default Planes in Europe

I just picked up all of my documents from the travel agent today. We
will be doing 3 flights within Europe. One from Paris to Budapest, one
from Amsterdam to Seville (with a change of plane in Madrid) and one
from Seville to Barcelona.

They are all e-tickets. I won't have a printer so I can't get boarding
passes. Do we just go up to the check-in counter and show them the
copies of the schedules the TA gave us? I'm assuming that they will not
speak English.

TIA,
--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
Old September 24th, 2008, 01:16 AM posted to rec.travel.air
mul

I just picked up all of my documents from the travel agent today. We will
be doing 3 flights within Europe. One from Paris to Budapest, one from
Amsterdam to Seville (with a change of plane in Madrid) and one from
Seville to Barcelona.

They are all e-tickets. I won't have a printer so I can't get boarding
passes. Do we just go up to the check-in counter and show them the copies
of the schedules the TA gave us? I'm assuming that they will not speak
English.

TIA,
--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
Good Friends. Good Life

English is widely spoken in the EU,most especialy in Holland,,less so in
France,,
But i doubt you will have any problems
Mul

Old September 24th, 2008, 01:25 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Jim Davis[_1_]

"Janet Wilder" wrote in message
I just picked up all of my documents from the travel agent today. We will
be doing 3 flights within Europe. One from Paris to Budapest, one from
Amsterdam to Seville (with a change of plane in Madrid) and one from
Seville to Barcelona.

They are all e-tickets. I won't have a printer so I can't get boarding
passes. Do we just go up to the check-in counter and show them the copies
of the schedules the TA gave us? I'm assuming that they will not speak
English.

A little tip, if you're without a printer in a hotel. Request your
documents to be faxed to the hotel. Go to the front desk, and pick up your
printed copy.

I keep a fax program in my lap top. If I need a printed copy, and the hotel
doesn't have a business center, I fax my copies to the hotel, and pick them
up at the front desk.

Old September 24th, 2008, 01:56 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Janet Wilder

Jim Davis wrote:
[...]

I guess I could use the business centers in the hotels. Thanks.

Old September 24th, 2008, 01:57 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Janet Wilder

mul wrote:
I just picked up all of my documents from the travel agent today. We will
be doing 3 flights within Europe. One from Paris to Budapest, one from
Amsterdam to Seville (with a change of plane in Madrid) and one from
Seville to Barcelona.

They are all e-tickets. I won't have a printer so I can't get boarding
passes. Do we just go up to the check-in counter and show them the copies
of the schedules the TA gave us? I'm assuming that they will not speak
English.

TIA,
--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
Good Friends. Good Life

English is widely spoken in the EU,most especialy in Holland,,less so in
France,,
But i doubt you will have any problems
Mul

Thanks. I feel better.

Old September 24th, 2008, 04:00 AM posted to rec.travel.air
jessica_smith_nyc

You can also ask the concierge at your hotel........they can help you
with this.
---
http://www.moviesitearchive.com/travel

Old September 24th, 2008, 09:29 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Graham Harrison[_3_]

"Janet Wilder" wrote in message
I just picked up all of my documents from the travel agent today. We will
be doing 3 flights within Europe. One from Paris to Budapest, one from
Amsterdam to Seville (with a change of plane in Madrid) and one from
Seville to Barcelona.

They are all e-tickets. I won't have a printer so I can't get boarding
passes. Do we just go up to the check-in counter and show them the copies
of the schedules the TA gave us? I'm assuming that they will not speak
English.

TIA,
--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
Good Friends. Good Life

I think maybe the only place in the world where I have checked in and found
that *nobody* spoke English was a grass strip served by a twice weekly twin
otter in the Himalayas in Nepal. Otherwise it has never been an issue.

As for check in any good hotel should be able to help you with their own
equipment or, at a pinch, they should be able to point you at an internet
cafe nearby. You will find that, in airports, there are more and more self
service check in machines - the easiest way to make them work is slide the
credit card you used to pay for the ticket into the appropriate slot but
there are other ways such as typing in your 6 character booking reference
(the one issued by the airline not the reservations system used by your
agency but they could be the same) or even your name and flight number.
You may have to select your language. In the end there are always people
around you can ask and old fashioned check in desks.

Old September 24th, 2008, 01:53 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Stephen Farrow

Janet Wilder wrote:
I just picked up all of my documents from the travel agent today. We
will be doing 3 flights within Europe. One from Paris to Budapest, one
from Amsterdam to Seville (with a change of plane in Madrid) and one
from Seville to Barcelona.

They are all e-tickets. I won't have a printer so I can't get boarding
passes. Do we just go up to the check-in counter and show them the
copies of the schedules the TA gave us? I'm assuming that they will not
speak English.

The check-in agents will almost certainly speak some English.

Of course, if *you* had any manners, you'd try to learn at least a few
phrases of French, Spanish, Dutch and Hungarian before your trip. You
are visiting their countries, so it behoves you to at least try and
speak a little of their languages.

--

Stephen

Kendall: Well, if it isn't little Miss Teen Getaway. Your dad and I were
just dealing with a little trouble.
Veronica: Like Trouble, with a capital T, that rhymes with C, that
stands for—
Keith: Veronica!
Veronica: I was gonna say cute.

Old September 25th, 2008, 12:51 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Janet Wilder

Stephen Farrow wrote:
Janet Wilder wrote:
I just picked up all of my documents from the travel agent today. We
will be doing 3 flights within Europe. One from Paris to Budapest, one
from Amsterdam to Seville (with a change of plane in Madrid) and one
from Seville to Barcelona.

They are all e-tickets. I won't have a printer so I can't get boarding
passes. Do we just go up to the check-in counter and show them the
copies of the schedules the TA gave us? I'm assuming that they will
not speak English.

The check-in agents will almost certainly speak some English.

Of course, if *you* had any manners, you'd try to learn at least a few
phrases of French, Spanish, Dutch and Hungarian before your trip. You
are visiting their countries, so it behoves you to at least try and
speak a little of their languages.

I do have manners. I also have a program on CD with French, Spanish,
German and Italian, and I've been trying to learn from it for 6 months.
Unfortunately, I'm not very good at remembering what I've learned.