Adults Only Cruises by Celebrity

Old February 17th, 2004, 03:08 PM
D Ball

Default Adults Only Cruises by Celebrity

RTCers,

In one of our most recent discussions about "adults only" cruises, someone
commented that the cruise lines didn't offer them at traditional vacation
time, e.g., summer and holidays, or to interesting destinations--Alaska was
specifically mentioned.

Today, I rec'd a freebie e-mail newsletter from an online TA that contains
a section on "adults only" cruises, and it reflects the following 2004 line-up
of "Celebrity Escape" cruises:

June 5 - Celebrity Zenith - Bermuda out of NYC
June 5 - Celebrity Century - Western Caribbean out of FLL
July 4 - Celebrity Infinity - Alaska out of Vancouver (RT)
Dec 27 - Celebrity Mercury - Mexican Riviera out of San Diego

What great options--it's hard to choose among them!

I hope all of you who have desired this type of cruise concept will either
book one of these cruises or let Celebrity know why you can't so that they
can consider your input in future marketing programs aimed at adult cruisers.

Diana Ball
Near Houston, TX
http://www.dianaball.net

Next up: Celebrity Millennium – Med – June 04
RCI Mariner – E Carib – Holidays 03
RCI Serenade – Transatlantic – Maiden 08/04/03
Star Princess – Mex Riviera – Holidays 02
Dawn Princess – Alaska – July 02
NCL Star – Hawaii – June 02
RCI Rhapsody – W Carib – Holidays 01 (back-to-back)
RCI Explorer – E Carib – Holidays 00
NCL Sea – W Carib – Holidays 99
Old February 17th, 2004, 10:06 PM
Cruising Chrissy

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 14:08:56 -0000, "D Ball"
wrote:

Dec 27 - Celebrity Mercury - Mexican Riviera out of San Diego

This one is being marketed as a Singles Group Cruise.

The Not So Fine Art Of Google - Go To Top Of Thread
http://makeashorterlink.com/?E29A321E6
Old February 18th, 2004, 03:48 AM
Bill Lawrence123

This one is being marketed as a Singles Group Cruise.

What a shame that you can't be going. You ain't neither single nor an adult.
Old February 18th, 2004, 04:49 AM
RTCReferee

Diane,

I saw those cruises some time ago. They aren't great options for us. We want
a prime (warmest average temperature) midsummer cruise to Alaska offered for
adults when children are traditionally out of school and able to sail. June
5th doesn't qualify, in my opinion, since most kids are still in school then.
It's not when you'll find the warmest weather in Alaska, either.

July 4th is a better time for Alaska, weatherwise, but it is traditionally not
a time to sail, rather a family "barbecue type holiday" at home. We also have
that week set aside for family activities on land every year. This date may
work for others, but for personal reasons, we won't ever book a cruise that
includes July 4th.

I am somewhat interested in the December 27th cruise, but the best cabins are
already gone due to high demand, even at higher than usual prices, probably
because it is during New Year's party time. However, even for that sailing,
families with children wouldn't likely be on a longer cruise then since the
kids have to be back in school in early January. I wouldn't expect to find
many children normally booked on that sailing, anyway, would you?

What we really are looking for is for a cruise line to offer an adults only
sailing to Alaska, Europe or Hawaii during the peak midsummer season or during
Christmas or Thanksgiving which would normally be full of family bookings. We
want the option to sail (Celebrity would be fine) with other adult friends with
few to no children on board at a time when children are usually very prevalent.
We have a lot of friends who are educators who would love to have an adults
only sailing at a time when they can cruise, which means when school is NOT
in session.

I have conveyed my feelings about this to Celebrity and other favored lines in
the past and will do so again.

I hope the dates you listed work out for others and that Celebrity considers
adding other sailing dates, such as those that I have suggested.

Subject: Adults Only Cruises by Celebrity

Old February 18th, 2004, 05:54 PM
Cruising Chrissy

On 18 Feb 2004 02:48:49 GMT, (Bill
Lawrence123) wrote:

You ain't neither...

My guess is that you reside in Appalachia.

Old February 28th, 2004, 03:41 PM
Susette405

I have had alot of older people take these and they just really lovd it said
they ply you with free drinks all the time and it was very enjoyable. So they
signed up again
Susette
Join us on our Annual Group Cruise 04Dec04 Jewel of the Seas!
Check out our website: www.cruiseoutlets.com

Old February 29th, 2004, 01:41 AM
Cruising Chrissy

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 12:14:21 -0500, "clint"
wrote:

Me and my cow love Celebrity! We even tip!

I used to tip over sleeping cows all the time.
Old February 29th, 2004, 01:47 AM
Cruising Chrissy

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 00:45:49 GMT, (CupCaked)
wrote:

I used to tip over sleeping cows all the time.

I used to love cow tipping!

The THUD of a cow's rib cage meeting the ground..........