Driving between Alice Springs and Uluru (Ayers Rock)

Old October 31st, 2008, 07:00 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Dick Adams[_2_]

Default Driving between Alice Springs and Uluru (Ayers Rock)

Frank Slootweg wrote:
Dick Adams wrote:
Frank Slootweg wrote:
Henry wrote:
Qanset wrote:

Or better still I will drive in the middle of summer,
to avoid the ice and snow.

Erm ... don't forget that Oz is in the Southern Hemisphere,
where the seasons are reversed. There, the ice and snow
come in the summer.

Not only that, but because *everything* is reversed, the road
is on *top* of the ice and snow. *Very* dangerous! BTW, did I
mention the water, floods, lightning, storms, ghosts,
Fosters-drinkers, etc.?

How absurd! Do Aussies really drink Fosters? I thought
Fosters was only sold in the States where there a some
people willing to drink corn-flavored swill.

Did I say anything about *Aussies*? I said "Fosters-drinkers".
That's anyone *but* Aussies! They just make it and sell it
to the furinners, *literally* taking them for a ****. I.e.
the same thing we - the Dutch - do with Heineken.

Where is OZ can one buy Fosters? Can you actually buy
Heineken's in Holland? I always thought these were
export beers sent to the Land of Swill Drinkers.

Dick

Old April 4th, 2009, 08:00 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
davidcronk

Kangaroos are most active just before sunrise and just after sunset.
Chances are you will see nothing else for the entire trip and now that
there are speed limits in NT you should get there no problems.

--
davidcronk
Message origin: www.TRAVEL.com