"One bag" travel, which bag is best?

Old August 5th, 2006, 11:21 PM posted to alt.travel,rec.travel.africa,rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.latin-america,rec.travel.air
Carole Allen[_1_]

Default "One bag" travel, which bag is best?

On Fri, 04 Aug 2006 19:32:06 +0200, B wrote:
I had a medium-sized backpack (actually called a travel pack) whose
backpack straps could be tucked away behind a zippered panel. Then it
could be carried like a suitcase, or by attaching a shoulder strap.

This pack didn't have any frame, neither internal nor external, but
being smallish, it didn't really need any. It was light and
comfortable.

I don't think they make it any more. I got it from campmor, which has
good inexpensive hiking and camping gear. (www.campmor.com). They only
ship within the US though.
--

The original Rick Steves pack is like that - you can tuck the straps
in and carry it on the shoulder with a longer strap, or pull out the

Old August 6th, 2006, 08:51 AM posted to alt.travel,rec.travel.africa,rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
JohnT[_1_]

"Carole Allen" wrote in message
On 3 Aug 2006 22:25:26 -0700, "Tchiowa" wrote:
What bank is issuing ATM cards that expire? My ATM never does. And no
need to carry more than one. I also carry a few Credit Cards that you
can always use to withdraw cash.

King County Credit Union (Seattle area) - mine expires 7/08.

Cahoot Debit Card - expires 01/08.

JohnT

Old August 7th, 2006, 08:18 PM posted to alt.travel,rec.travel.africa,rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.latin-america,rec.travel.air
bob fusillo

"The Reid" wrote in message
Following up to RPSinha

Never travel with a bag that you cannot sit on during delays, lulls, and
long queues.
rjf

Old August 18th, 2006, 11:40 AM posted to rec.travel.africa,rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.latin-america,rec.travel.air
[email protected]

I once met a Japanese guy walking across the border from Nepal to India
who was traveling with a toothbrush in a plastic bag. That was all his
luggage.

Sure!!

Old August 21st, 2006, 05:39 AM posted to rec.travel.africa,rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.latin-america,rec.travel.air
Calif Bill

wrote in message
I once met a Japanese guy walking across the border from Nepal to India
who was traveling with a toothbrush in a plastic bag. That was all his
luggage.

Sure!!

Maybe all he had after being robbed in Nepal?

Old August 21st, 2006, 07:52 AM posted to rec.travel.africa,rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.latin-america,rec.travel.air
mrtravel[_1_]

Calif Bill wrote:
wrote in message

I once met a Japanese guy walking across the border from Nepal to India
who was traveling with a toothbrush in a plastic bag. That was all his
luggage.

Sure!!

Maybe all he had after being robbed in Nepal?

Or maybe a Sherpa is carrying his luggage.
Old August 21st, 2006, 08:15 AM posted to rec.travel.africa,rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.latin-america,rec.travel.air
[email protected]

Calif Bill wrote:
wrote in message
I once met a Japanese guy walking across the border from Nepal to India
who was traveling with a toothbrush in a plastic bag. That was all his
luggage.

Sure!!

Maybe all he had after being robbed in Nepal?

I just hope he didn't try to smuggle any toothpaste across!!

B;