Riviera Maya Questions

Old June 11th, 2006, 04:05 PM posted to rec.travel.resorts.all-inclusive

Default Riviera Maya Questions

I have narrowed my search down to four all-inclusive resorts in Riviera
Maya. Any insights from your travel experiences would be greatly
appreciated. I have add some comments/questions I have based on my research
to-date. We're looking at 6/25 - 7/2 - hopefully that is early enough in
hurricane season to be a non-issue. Our priorities a 1) Relaxation 2)
Good food 3) Drinking - swim-up bar/beach butler service 4) Snorkelling

Barcelo Maya Beach Resort
$400 cheaper (with same 4 start rating), but the list of restaurants looks a
bit short, beautiful wide open beach

Occidental Grand Xcare
We like the nearby xcavet ecopark, but it looks like the beach is limited to
an inlet versus the ocean. Lots of restaurants and bars. (10 each?)

Riu Yucatan Resort
Same price as the Occidental, but a shorter list of restaurants, beautiful
wide open beach

Riu Palace Riviera Maya
Same price as the Occidental, but a shorter list of restaurants, beautiful
wide open beach, barnd new in 2006?

Thanks,

Bob D.
rdelaney99 hotmail dot com

Old June 13th, 2006, 01:05 AM posted to rec.travel.resorts.all-inclusive

Użytkownik "Bob D" napisał w wiadomo¶ci
hurricane season to be a non-issue. Our priorities a 1) Relaxation
2)
Good food 3) Drinking - swim-up bar/beach butler service 4) Snorkelling

Everything you will find at Iberostar Paraiso del Mar.

adam

Old June 13th, 2006, 01:06 AM posted to rec.travel.resorts.all-inclusive

"Bob D" wrote in message
Barcelo Maya Beach Resort

Occidental Grand Xcare
Riu Yucatan Resort
Riu Palace Riviera Maya
Thanks,

Can't help with any of them, but -- we got Wednesday from the Hotel Marina
El Cid, south of Cancun, in Puerto Moreles. Never been to an all inclusive
before -- usually we go on cruises, which is comparable, in a way. We were
blown away -- clean, new, non-stop service, terrific pool, et al. We got
back our money in grouper alone.. All the top brands of liquor.
The beach along that whole coast is rocky underfoot -- bring shoes. The
second largest coral reef in the world is a third of a mile off the coast --
marvelous.
rjf

Old July 8th, 2006, 03:56 PM posted to rec.travel.resorts.all-inclusive
Bob D

After checking out a TON of info at tripadvisor.com, I ended up going with
Riu Palace Mexico - located between Riu Yucatan and Riu Playacar. This
other Riu in the complex was the brand new Riu Palace Riviera Maya (on the
far side of the Riu Playacar)

The "Palance" was unbelievable. The rooms, beach, pool, grounds, service,
food were all top notch. We had been happy with our previous all inclusives
in St Thomas and Aruba and this just took it to a completely different
level!

The only thing I'd change about our trip was the time of year. Late June
was just too hot - hopefully things are little more temporate in the Winter
months.

Bob D.