Full Color Passenger Ship Book

Old April 24th, 2010, 11:56 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

Default Full Color Passenger Ship Book

Got a nice surprise in the mail today...

A few months ago, fellow RTC'r (from a few years back) Raoul Fiebig from
Germany e-mailed me and asked if I had high resolution photos of several
ships. Over the years I've sent him high res photos of different ships
for his website Das Ruderhaus. So he knew I took a lot of ship photos.

Seems that he was on a project working with some authors on a book about
passenger ships. I sent him a few pics of ships he asked about, and the
authors asked my permission to use (with attribution) a photo I took of
the Disney Wonder in the book. As a "thank you" they said they'd send
me a copy of the book when published.

So today... on the front steps was a cardboard box with postage stamps
from Germany and a book inside. I new what it was as soon as I saw it.

Tearing apart the outside cardboard box, there was an absolutely
GORGEOUS full color hard color book inside, titled "DIE GROSSEN
PASSAGIERSCHIFFE DER WELT" by Frank Heine and Frank Lose. It's in
German, 300 pages, with 2-3 full color photos on each page. They did a
beautiful job. Very impressive.

There are photos of cruise ships, Baltic Sea ferries, older ocean liners
(like the Norway). Must be close to 1000 color photos. The cover has a
picture of Oasis of the Seas.

Not sure if it's out yet or not, but if any ship lovers are interested,
the ISBN number is 978-3-7822-1003 4
Amazon.com doesn't show the book yet, but does show a book with the same
title, but by a different author (and the cover is different so it's
definitely not the same book).

--Tom
Old April 25th, 2010, 12:08 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Tom K wrote:
[...]

What a lovely surprise and I hope you will bring it with you when we
have our next lunch gathering.

Hope you are doing ok these days!!

sue
Old April 25th, 2010, 01:22 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , Tom K
wrote:

Tearing apart the outside cardboard box, there was an absolutely
GORGEOUS full color hard color book inside, titled "DIE GROSSEN
PASSAGIERSCHIFFE DER WELT" by Frank Heine and Frank Lose. It's in
German, 300 pages, with 2-3 full color photos on each page. They did a
beautiful job. Very impressive.

There are photos of cruise ships, Baltic Sea ferries, older ocean liners
(like the Norway). Must be close to 1000 color photos. The cover has a
picture of Oasis of the Seas.

Not sure if it's out yet or not, but if any ship lovers are interested,
the ISBN number is 978-3-7822-1003 4
Amazon.com doesn't show the book yet, but does show a book with the same
title, but by a different author (and the cover is different so it's
definitely not the same book).

It looks like there are previous editions.

Amazon may never carry it in it's US store, Amazon.com. It looks like
the latest edition with your ISBN is on their German store Amazon.De.

http://www.amazon.de/großen-Passagie...eine/dp/378221
0034/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1272154217&sr=8-1-fkmr0

shortened

http://bit.ly/aKLZaK

--
Charles
Old April 25th, 2010, 01:52 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

On 4/24/10 8:22 PM, Charles wrote:
In , Tom K
wrote:

[...]

Even that's a different edition. My book has a copy of Oasis on the cover.

--Tom
Old April 25th, 2010, 02:08 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , Tom K
wrote:

Even that's a different edition. My book has a copy of Oasis on the cover.

Don't know if there are two different covers or they changed their mind
on the cover after they sent it to Amazon. The one you got, does it
have this cover?

http://www.koehler-mittler.de/shop/s...eDetail.php?pa
rtnerId=&qryOpt=catId&qryText=1&orderBy=name&offse t=0&limit=20&tpl=koehl
er&parentCIdLogStream=1&artId=40

--
Charles