India - Jaipur, Pushkar, Agra, Delhi...help!!!

Old February 5th, 2007, 04:01 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
sisco

Default India - Jaipur, Pushkar, Agra, Delhi...help!!!

Hi guys,
next monday I'm leaving (together with my wife) for a first bite of
India: Jaipur, Pushkar, Agra, (Gwalior?), Delhi.
I've booked a driver and organized this kind of (generally speaking)
tour:
Feb 12: arrival late night, overnight in Delhi
Feb 13: departure to Jaipur - tour of Jaipur, overnight in Jaipur
Feb 14: daily trip to Pushkar (and Jansi? but the time is not enough,
what do you think?), overnight in Jaipur
Feb 15: tour of Jaipur, overnight in Jaipur
Feb 16: departure to Agra, overnight in Agra
Feb 17: daily trip to Fatephur Sikri, and then Barapthur (cycle ride
in Keoladeo park?), overnight in Agra
Feb 18: tour of Agra, and Akbar mausoleum (Sikandra), overnight in
Agra
FEb 19: departure to Delhi - tour of Delhi, overnight in Delhi
Feb 20: tour of Delhi, flght late night

I'm also thinking about a possible variation: Fatephur Sikri and
Barapthur (the last one is something to see? A tour of the park of
Keoladeo is nice, to you? Walk or cycle ride? I'm not a famous
ornithologist, but maybe the landscape is very nice...) during the
transfer from Jaipur to Agra, so that we'll have a free day for a
daily trip to Gwalior (as usual, is it a good idea? What about
Gwalior, is it nice? Or there is any other interesting place for a
daily trip from Agra? Or the original plan is the better one, so that
we'll have a more relaxing staying in Agra...)

Can you give me any sort of tips?

My wife, on the other hand, appeals to women for what concerns the
virtuous subject "shopping"...any suggestion?

Thanks,
Francesco.

Old February 5th, 2007, 07:15 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
GN

On Feb 5, 11:01 am, "sisco" wrote:
[...]

Francesco,

I personally think its an agressive schedule and I would recommend a
comfortable stay in Agra.

Bets bets for shopping in agra a

Leather, Brass ware, Marble and Rugs.

If you like to bargain you can bargain on these items on the small
shops and make sure sure the quality is good with a visible and feel
inspection of the product.

Gwalior is a nice place, Don't miss the Gawlior Fort and Jai Vilas
Palace.

Below is the official website of ministry of tourism, India, you may
get more information.

http://www.incredibleindia.org/

Relax, Travel & Have Fun!

Regards,
G - http://www.vtrip.info - Travel guide for the destination you wish.

Old February 5th, 2007, 08:11 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Alfred Molon

In article . com, sisco
says...

Feb 12: arrival late night, overnight in Delhi
Feb 13: departure to Jaipur - tour of Jaipur, overnight in Jaipur

Don't miss the Amber fort.

Feb 14: daily trip to Pushkar (and Jansi? but the time is not enough,
what do you think?), overnight in Jaipur

Pushkar is nice and should be doable as a daytrip from Jaipur.

Feb 15: tour of Jaipur, overnight in Jaipur
Feb 16: departure to Agra, overnight in Agra

You don't need one day to drive from Jaipur to Agra. On the way to Agra,
make the stop in Fatephur Sikri (2-3 hours are enough). This way you
save one day.

Feb 17: daily trip to Fatephur Sikri, and then Barapthur (cycle ride
in Keoladeo park?), overnight in Agra
Feb 18: tour of Agra, and Akbar mausoleum (Sikandra), overnight in
Agra
FEb 19: departure to Delhi - tour of Delhi, overnight in Delhi
Feb 20: tour of Delhi, flght late night

I'm also thinking about a possible variation: Fatephur Sikri and
Barapthur (the last one is something to see? A tour of the park of
Keoladeo is nice, to you?

I didn't visit the park, but heard that it is interesting.

Walk or cycle ride? I'm not a famous
ornithologist, but maybe the landscape is very nice...) during the
transfer from Jaipur to Agra, so that we'll have a free day for a
daily trip to Gwalior (as usual, is it a good idea? What about
Gwalior, is it nice? Or there is any other interesting place for a
daily trip from Agra? Or the original plan is the better one, so that
we'll have a more relaxing staying in Agra...)

Can you give me any sort of tips?

Jodhpur is nice, but it's a bit out of range. The best trip would be
Delhi-Agra-Jaipur-Pushkar-Jodhpur-Jaisalmer and then from Jaisalmer to
Delhi by plane, but I think that there are no flights from Jaisalmer to
Delhi.

My wife, on the other hand, appeals to women for what concerns the
virtuous subject "shopping"...any suggestion?

Agra is not that suitable for shopping. Jaipur would be better.
--

Alfred Molon
Old February 5th, 2007, 08:39 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
GN

Franc,

Additionally if you decide to shop in jaipur here are some of the
hints:

Jauhari Bazar :
This is where you can buy jewellery and tie and dye sarees. Two lanes
joining the mainroad Gopalji ka Rasta and Haldion ka Rasta house
numerous establishment selling jewellery. On the main road itself you
find many silversmiths. Traditional tie and dye fabrics and textiles
are also available here.

Bapu Bazar and Nehur Bazar :
Here you can purchase textiles, local perfumes and shoes made of camel
skin. Mirza Ismial road

(M.I. Road) :
The broad thoroughfare houses a lrage number of emporia selling a
variety of goods ranging fromjewellery and brass work to textiles, to
blue pottery, to woodwork, etc. These shops stock a large variety of
goods to satisfy the tourists' needs.

Tripolia Bazar and Chaura Rasta :
You can shop here for textiles, untensils, ironware and trinkets. If
you want to see the artisans at work, step into the side lanes and see
for yourself.

Shop at :

Ramganj Bazar for shoes or jutis as they are called. Kishanpol Bazar
for tie and dye textiles,
Maniharon Ka Rasta (Tripolia Bazar ) for lac bangles and other items,
Achrol House, Subhash Chowk for carpets,
Khajanewalon Ka Rasta for marble carving, and
Saganer village for block printing, hand-made paper and blue pottery.

Recommended shops :

Govt. Emporia : Handloom House, Rituraj Building, M.I. Road. Khadi
Ghar , M.I. Road
Rajasthan Handloom Project Board, Chomu House and at
M.I. Road. Rajasthanli, Rajasthan Government Handicraft Emporium,
Ajmeri Gate, M.I. Road

Old February 6th, 2007, 12:04 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
sisco

Great!!!
I thank you very much, you are very kind.

What about shopping in Delhi? Somebody said me it is the best place
where to bay stuff...

Moreover, are there other Indiamaniacs who can support me with tips of
any kind?

Thanks,
Francesco.