Britrailpass vs EuroDomino

Old March 7th, 2007, 02:57 AM posted to misc.transport.rail.europe,rec.travel.europe
Lennart Petersen

Default Britrailpass vs EuroDomino

Just wonder if there's any advantage of a BritRailpass against EuroDomino
(soon to be InterrailOnecountry)
As I can se the price for Britrail is a lot higher advertised prices
here are
ED 4d : 1510SEK vs Britrail flexi 4d : 1975SEK , for ED 8d 2490SEK vs
2845SEK
is there any advantage of a Britrailpass ?

Old March 7th, 2007, 08:23 AM posted to misc.transport.rail.europe,rec.travel.europe
Rian van der Borgt

On Wed, 07 Mar 2007 02:57:51 GMT, Lennart Petersen wrote:
Just wonder if there's any advantage of a BritRailpass against EuroDomino
(soon to be InterrailOnecountry)
As I can se the price for Britrail is a lot higher advertised prices
here are
ED 4d : 1510SEK vs Britrail flexi 4d : 1975SEK , for ED 8d 2490SEK vs
2845SEK
is there any advantage of a Britrailpass ?

Not that I know of.

Regards,

Rian

--
Rian van der Borgt, Leuven, Belgium.
e-mail: www: http://www.evonet.be/~rvdborgt/
Old March 7th, 2007, 10:09 AM posted to misc.transport.rail.europe,rec.travel.europe
Phil Richards

Lennart Petersen wrote:
Just wonder if there's any advantage of a BritRailpass against EuroDomino
(soon to be InterrailOnecountry)
As I can se the price for Britrail is a lot higher advertised prices
here are
ED 4d : 1510SEK vs Britrail flexi 4d : 1975SEK , for ED 8d 2490SEK vs
2845SEK
is there any advantage of a Britrailpass ?

There are a lot more variants on the Britrail pass that may work out
cheaper all depending on your circumstances. Examples:

* England only pass (if you are not going to Scotland or Wales)
* Group & family variants
* Off season prices (although these were only for up until 28 February)

However I suspect like for like Euro Domino is cheaper as you've discovered.

--
Phil Richards, London, UK
3,600+ railway photos since 1980 at:
Old March 7th, 2007, 12:18 PM posted to misc.transport.rail.europe,rec.travel.europe
ALAN HARRISON

"Lennart Petersen" wrote in message

Just wonder if there's any advantage of a BritRailpass against EuroDomino
(soon to be InterrailOnecountry)
As I can se the price for Britrail is a lot higher advertised prices
here are
ED 4d : 1510SEK vs Britrail flexi 4d : 1975SEK , for ED 8d 2490SEK vs
2845SEK
is there any advantage of a Britrailpass ?

Is Britrailpass available in Sweden? I thought it was only available to
non-European residents.

Alan Harrison

Old March 7th, 2007, 02:27 PM posted to misc.transport.rail.europe,rec.travel.europe
Lennart Petersen

"ALAN HARRISON" skrev i meddelandet

"Lennart Petersen" wrote in message

Just wonder if there's any advantage of a BritRailpass against EuroDomino
(soon to be InterrailOnecountry)
As I can se the price for Britrail is a lot higher advertised prices
here are
ED 4d : 1510SEK vs Britrail flexi 4d : 1975SEK , for ED 8d 2490SEK vs
2845SEK
is there any advantage of a Britrailpass ?

Is Britrailpass available in Sweden? I thought it was only available to
non-European residents.

Alan Harrison

It's for sale here and have been so for many years.
One difference vs ED is probably that it's available also to non-Europeans.